Chapter 3

Now we started walking along train tracks and you could hear the train from far away, heading our direction.
"Favorite movie?" He asked.
"Don't have one. Never watched them much. We didn't exactly have a lot in our selection at the orphanage, unless you count the endless Barney movies." I shrugged.
"That explains a lot." He mumbled to himself.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing." He dismissed it.
I shrugged it off and I kept on listening to the train that was coming nearer and nearer.
"Wanna do something fun?" I asked as I walked into the middle of the tracks. The trains tracks were visible from a short distance.
"Not if it'll get me killed." He said as he looked from me to the train. There was a silence as we saw the train finally.
"Naomi...get off there." He mumbled.
"I'll dodge it. Don't worry." I mumbled.
"Naomi," he looked from me to the train," I'm serious. Get off." He said as he held out his hand for me to grab.
I shook my head and pushed his hand away.
"I got this. Trust me." I said. I sighed and I waited as the train was only a few feet from me.
"Naomi..."
5 feet.
"Naomi."
4 feet.
"Naomi!"
3 feet.
Silence.
2 feet.
1 feet. Right before I could dodge the train Leo jumped ontop of me and we both landed off the tracks. I hit my head hard on a rock. I guess that's what I get for being such an idiot. We could hear the train pass as I had my eyes shut.
I opened my eyes and saw that he was still on top of me. He looked down at me with worry.
"You are..."
Don't say something I don't want you to say. Please!
"So weird." He laughed and got off.
I laughed and he held out a hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and I stood up.
"Thanks...." I waited for his name.
Oh my gosh, I haven't even asked the most obvious question. His name.
"Leonardo. But you can call me Leo." He said as he put his hands in his pockets.
"Well, Leo, I could've totally dodged that train." I said.
"Yeah, right." He said sarcastically.
He continued walking as I tried to catch up.

We arrived at the apartment building and we got into the elevator.
It was awkward like the first time we met, or it was because we were both in our own thoughts. Thinking about what could've happened if he hadn't pushed me out of the way. Would I be standing here? Or would I be crushed under a train? This guy, Leo, he's saved me...that's a lot to take in.
The elevator stopped on my floor. And I walked towards the exit.
"Naomi..." He mumbled.
"Yeah?" I asked while turning around outside the elevator.
"I think it's better if you know my job, then come and talk to me. You might think of me differently after you find out who I am. I want it to be your choice if you want to be involved with me." He looked at me and smiled a forced smile.
The elevator doors started closing.
"Leo..." I tried to stop the elevator doors but it was too late. What does he mean 'I'll think of him differently'?
I walked up a flight of stairs and I bumped into someone.
I stumbled backwards as they caught me. I seriously have to stop doing that.
I looked up and saw Mason.
"Mason!" I screamed.
He dropped me and I landed on my back. I hit my head on the ground again.
"You've got to stop screaming." He said as he held onto his ears.
"Yeah. I'm fine thanks for asking." I said sarcastically. I seriously think I've gotten a concussion.
I stood up by myself.
This is how Mason and Leo are different. Leo would help me up.
Mason smiled at me and then his face got serious.
"Why are you out so early in the morning?" He asked.
"Oh. Just went for a walk." I said.
"A walk? At 6?" He asked.
"I'm safe. Don't worry. I was with someone." I said as I shrugged. I opened the door to my apartment.
"With who?" He asked.
"None of your business!" I slammed the door in his face.
I rolled my eyes and walked towards the couch.
I sighed and I got the remote control; while sitting on the couch, I turned on the tv.
I sighed again as I snuggled up to the blanket.
"Leonardo Dicaprio is recently coming out in a new movie, The Titanic."
Don't look at the TV. It couldn't possibly be him.
"The famous blue eyed, blonde haired young man is really excited to participate in his up coming film with the beautiful Kate Winslet."
Temptation and my eyes looked towards the TV.
I instantly jumped off the couch.
Leo was on the T.V! My Leo! Not my Leo...but you know what I mean.
I now understand what he meant when he said I might think different of him.
But I don't at all. I only see that guy who saved me from that train.

He's coming out with a movie? Why wouldn't he tell me...
We don't even know each other that's why!
He can't possibly be in the elevator right now. Could he?
I sat on the couch in defeat.

It's been a month and I haven't bumped into Mason or Leo. I laid on my bed with my black socks and my pajamas. I looked like a mess...but I don't care. It's not like I'm going out.
I started typing on my computer.
I know what you're thinking.
Why don't you just google him?
Hell no. I'm scared of what I'll see. Perhaps a girlfriend he has? Or maybe even a drug addict. Anything crazy really...
I bit my lip as I hesitantly started typing his name in the Google search bar.
There was a knock on my door.
I stood up and I walked towards the door. Although, I don't know who'd knock on my door now.
I opened the door and was surprised to see a girl standing there. She had blonde hair and really pretty light brown eyes.
"Hi?" I asked.
"Oh. Hi. You're Naomi Evans, right?" She asked. I hesitated.
"Yes, bu-"
"I loved your book! It's really great." She exclaimed. She continued talking as I zoned her out.
Did I forget to mention I'm a writer? Yup, that's my job. I sit and type and sit and type. It pays bills, but I sometimes have writers block and sometimes stare outside or go for a walk.
I zoned back out.
"So, what I'm trying to say is that I get the book and it's really great! Also, would you sign it?" She asked as she held out a pen and the book.
"Sure. Why not?" I asked as I got the pen and I signed the book. I saw a person with blonde hair at the bottom of the stairs.
"I'm sorry... I have to go." I said as I ran down the stairs.
"Leo!" I said as I called after him.
He didn't hear me.
I ran down another flight of stairs.
"Leo!"
He still didn't answer.
"Le-" I tripped down the stairs and landed on top of him. We both laid at the bottom of the stairs.
"Sorry!" I said as I looked at him. He had cushioned my fall.
"Are you crazy women?" He asked as he sat up. I laughed and sat up next to him.
"What are you calling me about?" He asked curiously as he rubbed his head.

"I was thinking. And I know who you are. And it doesn't change what I think about you. You still have a heart with gold. And I like that about you. And I wouldn't think of you in any other way! Don't you see what I'm saying? I want to be involved with you." I grabbed onto his hand. He looked at me weirdly up and down.
"So, friends?" I asked desperately.
He laughed.
"All you had to do was ask Naomi." He put his other hand on mine and we just stared at each other for a few seconds.
I looked up at his cut on his head.
"Oh my gosh! Did I do that?" I asked as I let go of his hand and I touched his head.
"Don't worry about it." He said as he pushed my hand away.
There was a flash and Leo and I both looked up the stairs to my "fan".
"What are you doing?" I asked. She squealed and ran up the stairs.
I jumped up and ran up the steps.
If that photo goes out then Leo and I are toast.
I followed her and she disappeared into the elevator.
"That ughhh!" I said.
"My career is totally ruined." I mumbled.
"What do you mean?" Leo asked as he walked up the stairs.
"Oh yeah. I'm a writer. I have a few books that are popular." I mumbled.
"A writer?" He asked.
"Not important." I mumbled.
No doubt Leo and I will be on the news tomorrow.