Chapter 10

Today is Monday. Aka day for work.
I got to the office building and I was nervous. I don't know what to expect. After all, my life has been the craziest thing ever for the past two months.

I walked inside the building and I instantly spotted the snot rag aka. Front desk girl. I walked past her and I instantly felt her eyes pierce in in a disgusted way. What's her problem with me?
"Miss.Evans! How nice to see you!" Mr. Murphy said as he started walking down the hall.
"Please, follow me." He said.
I looked around and then I followed him.
I followed him until he stopped at a door.
"This is your office." He said.
I get an office?
He opened the door and I was instantly disappointed. It was filled with boxes and was about the size of a big supply closet. Which isn't that big at all.
"It's a..." I mumbled.
"I know it's a bit small. But, it's all we could get on such short notice. Feel free to move stuff around." He said as he started walking away.
"Wait." I called after him. He turned around.
"Why did I get this job? I thought I had failed the interview..." I said.
"Oh. Right. You didn't fail it. Plus, one of our workers said that if I didn't hire you then they'd quit. Can you believe it?" He asked as he laughed and walked away.
Summer...
"Morning!" Someone screamed behind me. I jumped up and gripped my chest.
"Oh my gosh!" I screamed. I turned around and there stood Summer.
"Summer?" I asked. I was a little shocked she'd give up her own job just for me to get mine.
"I was thinking you'd need help with this dump." She pointed towards my new office.
"Thanks for your help. But, you don't have too." I said.
"I insist!" She said as she grabbed a few boxes and walked out with them.
Is she seriously willing to help me?

Okay then...
I grabbed some boxes myself.

It's at 2:50 and my day shift ends in 10 minutes. Summer and I have gotten out most boxes, I swear it looked way smaller then it actually is.
I stopped what I was doing and I looked at Summer who was counting the boxes we still had to go.
"Thanks again. For everything. I've had a crappy week." I said.
"It's no big deal. Picking up boxes isn't that hard." She said.
"That's not what I'm talking about." I said. She stopped counting and she looked at me weirdly.
"I'm talking about almost giving up your job for me." I said.
"It's no big deal. Trust me." She said.
She smiled and continued to count the boxes.

I waited for Summer out of the building.
She finally arrived.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
"To my favorite spot." I said.
We arrived at the train tracks. I sat near them as I looked at them.
"Why is this your favorite spot?" She asked as she sat next to me.
"Well, when Leo and I met, he saved me by pushing me out of the way from these train tracks. At this exact spot." I said as I felt the tracks metal with my hands.
"Wow. You guys are so in love." She said in awe.
I raised an eyebrow at her.
"No we aren't. We aren't a couple either. We aren't dating. We're just friends."
"Then why did he save you?" She asked.
"Because I needed to be saved. I always need to be saved by him..." I trailed off.
"Trust me. The way you guys were the night you fell down the stairs, that doesn't just happen to anyone. I could see it in your guys' eyes." She almost squealed.
"We aren't on speaking terms right now. I kinda went out with a guy and Leo got all jealous." I said.
"That stinks. But, you guys are just the perfect people ever." She sighed.
"Too bad Leo has to kiss Kate for that scene in his movie." She mumbled.
"What?!" I jumped up.
"That bastard!" I screamed as I clenched my fists.
"I thought you didn't care." She said with a smug face.
"Shut up." I mumbled as I started running towards the street.
"Where are you going?" She asked as she walked after me.
"Going to my apartment to think. There's someone I need you to meet." I said.
"Who?"

"NAOMI!" Mason said as he tackled me.
He hugged me tightly on the floor.
"Uh...is there something I'm missing here?" Summer asked as she closed my apartment door.
"Summer, this is Mason. He's my best friend forever." I said sarcastically.
Mason stood up and shook her hand.
I stood up.
"Did you know that Leo's gonna kiss a girl on his movie?" I asked Mason.
"Well, duh, it's all over the Internet. Everyone ships Kleo. Keep up with the trends." He said.
I clenched my jaw as I tried punching him jokingly.
Summer had to hold me back.
"Doesn't matter. It's not like he wants to kiss her." Mason said.
"I know! But, I didn't want to kiss Noah and he's mad at me for that."
"Who's Noah?" Summer asked.
"A guy." I mumbled.
There was a knock at the door. I bit my lip.
"Who could that be?" Summer whispered to me. I shrugged.
We opened the door and there stood Leo. He was a little taken back by the amount of people in the room.
"Camera girl?" He asked summer.
"My names Summer." She said as she rolled her eyes.
"Leo." I mumbled.
"Naomi." He mumbled once his eyes landed on me.
"LEO!" Mason said as he broke Leo and I's eye contact. Damn Mason. He did that on purpose.
Leo walked into my apartment.
"Since when is my apartment a hang out place?" I asked.
"Since you moved in. Duh." Mason said.
I rolled my eyes.
"Naomi, I need to talk to you." Leo said as he grabbed my wrist.
He walked into the hallway and he walked into a closet and pulled me in with him. He closed the door to the closet.
"A closet?" I asked.
"It's the only safe place." He said.
There was silence.
"What did you want to say?" I asked.
"About the other day...I'm sorry about the whole paparazzi thing. I tried to get you out of there the fastest I co-"
I put my hand out to stop him from talking.
"Don't say that." I mumbled as I clenched my fist.
"Say what?" He asked.
"That you're sorry. You aren't, I mean, you shouldn't be sorry. Because I've been such a...jerk lately and I really didn't kiss that boy. And I'm sorry that you thought that I did a-"
He kissed me on the cheek.
I froze. My cheeks turned red.
"What...was that?" I asked.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. It was the only way I thought to shut you up." He said.
"Feel free to shut me up anytime you want." I said as I smiled.
Leo nodded and ran his hand through his hair.
"I will, sometime." He winked.
"So we're good?" I asked.
"Definitely. Don't worry Naomi. I'd never stay mad at you for long." He said.
I smiled.
Please don't let this moment end.

Hello! If you have any suggestions please tell me them! I'm running out of ideas! ~Author.