Chapter 38

Today's the first day of college.
Finally I'm gonna be someone who was apart of something.
I walked out of my bedroom and I sighed loudly. Leo looked at me weirdly as I walked towards the bathroom on his side.
"You're on my side." He mumbled.
"Oh shut up." I mumbled harshly as I shut the door to the bathroom. I looked at myself in my mirror.
You can do this.
I grabbed my toothbrush and I brushed my teeth.
The bathroom door opened and he walked in. Leo lazily turned on the shower water and started to take off his shirt
"Leo!" I screamed.
"What?" He asked.
"I'm in here." I mumbled as I looked away from him.
"Just close your eyes for like two seconds wh-"
I groaned as I opened the door to the bathroom and I ran out.
That jerk...
I finished brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink.
He walked out later as I was having cereal.
He grabbed my drink and drank from it.
"Hey! That's mine." I mumbled as I snatched it away from him.
"Naomi, we've kissed three times before. This is nothing." He mumbled.
Three times? I thought only two...
I sighed as I continued eating my cereal on the floor.
"Naomi..." Leo mumbled.
"Mhm?" I asked as I looked up.
"Do you want to eat in the kitchen?" He asked. I nodded as I grabbed my cereal. I sat across from him at the table and I smiled.
"Are you excited?" He asked.
I shook my head.
"Why not?" He asked. I shrugged. He reached for my drink. I slapped his hand away.
"Mine." I mumbled as I drank my drink. He rolled his eyes as he leaned back in his chair.
"Let me tell you something Naomi." He said as he leaned forward.
I set my spoon down as I listened.
"I don't have any interests in dating you. So don't try making me jealous." He winked.
"Right..." I mumbled feeling myself getting a bit disappointed. Leo quickly stood up and started walking towards the door.
"Wait!" I said as I hurriedly put my shoes on and I grabbed my bag in a rush. I ran after him with one shoe on, the other in my hand.
"Leo!" I said. He continued walking.
"Leo!" I said. I tripped over my shoelaces and I fell on top of him. He fell forwards.
I saw my shoe in the middle of the road. I quickly stood up and I rushed towards it. I grabbed it and Leo pulled me away from the road. A car came racing past me only by a few inches.
Leo picked up his bag and continued walking.
He really isn't interested in me...
I sighed as I continued putting on my other shoe.
What a pain...
-
I arrived at the college and I looked up at it. I'm terrified.
I mean, I haven't been at school for a good 6 years.
It's just weird. I walked into the building and I couldn't see Leo anywhere.
What a jerk.
Then suddenly there was a crowd of girls.
I think I found my celebrity.
I tried to push my way through the crowd but these girls are real fighters. I fell backwards onto my butt.
"Naomi!" I heard a familiar voice.
"Ariana!" I said. She helped me up and guided me out of the crowd.
"That was close." She mumbled.
"Yeah." I said.
"I have to go. I'll see you later." She said.
"Okay..." I mumbled.
It's so weird. I didn't know she went to this college.
"Naomi, come." Leo said as he pulled onto my backpack to get me walking.
"Leo! I'm not a dog." I said as I pushed him off.
"No but you are a female dog." He mumbled.
I punched him on the shoulder.
"I'm kidding." He said.
"I doubt you are." I mumbled.
We walked as everyone stared. I guess it's weird to have us here. Mainly because the last thing it said in the papers about us is that we broke up.
"I'm going to my class. See ya." Leo said as he walked the opposite way.
We get different homerooms...great.
I walked along the hallway.
I seriously don't think this is such a good idea.
I walked into my home room and everyone was talking. No one I know was here...
I walked past everyone and I sat down in my chair.
I put my head down and I slowly started falling asleep.
"Hey." Someone nudged me.
"Huh?" I asked as I sat up straight.
"You were asleep. The class is about to start." said the guy next to me. I rubbed my eyes and I looked at him. He was actually cute. He had black hair and green eyes.
"What's your name sleeping beauty?" He asked me trying to conceal his laughter.
I laughed awkwardly.
"Naomi." I mumbled.
"My names Ryan." He said as confident as he could
"You're the girl who broke the window with her hand aren't you?" He asked.
I nodded.
"How was that like?" He asked.
"Scary." I mumbled. He laughed.
"I've never been in that kind of situation. I've always wanted to be in a dangerous situation like that." He said.
"If you hang out with me, then you will." I said.
"Then I'd better hang out with you." He said. I looked at him weirdly.
"Now class." Said the professor. We both snapped our heads towards the front of the class.
And the torture begins...
-
I exited the class and I sighed. It's now lunchtime.
I had packed lunch earlier that day. I sighed as I walked with my head low. I bumped into someone and my lunch bag fell.
"Gosh. I'm sorry." I mumbled as I tried to pick up the bag.
"Naomi?"
I looked up.
"Noah?"