Chapter 51

{IF YOUR LOST, LOOK AT LAST CHAPTER}
I knocked on the door rapidly and waited in the rain. I was scared. Perhaps they'd slam the door in my face once they saw me. Or maybe they'd forgive me, which is not what I want.
The door opened and I froze once I saw Mason. I had prepared a whole speech, but that went away in seconds.
"Um..." I mumbled as I shifted to one foot to the other.
"Naomi..." Mason said as he walked towards me and hugged me. I was shocked at first but then I hugged back.
I missed him.
-
I sat down on a leather couch. I didn't really know what to do besides just sit there. My hair was soaked with rain and I awkwardly twisted my hair to the side. Mason sat on the opposite side of the couch and he tapped his foot anxiously on the floor.
"So...do you want anything to drink?" He asked. I nodded. He stood up and watched to the kitchen.
"What do you want?" He asked.
"Water please." I mumbled.
"That's not what I meant." He said. I froze.
He tossed me a water bottle.
"Naomi, what are you doing here?" He asked. I sighed.
"I don't know..." I mumbled.
He sat down next to me.
"Leo told me that you paid him to live with me." I mumbled.
"Oh..." he awkwardly sighed.
"Then why are you with me if I'm part of the problem?" He asked.
"I don't know. I just started running and I found myself here." I said.
"How did you know where I lived?" He asked.
"I don't know...I think Summer once told me a while ago." I sighed. I laid down and put my head in his lap. He seemed shocked as I closed my eyes.
"Mason, I just missed you so much and I'm so...tired." I yawned. He ran his hand through my hair.
"Naomi, it's okay. I'm here now." He whispered. I fell asleep.
-
I woke up and I was laying on Masons lap. He was asleep while resting his head on the top of the sofa. One arm was draped around my side. I slowly got up without him noticing and I grabbed the phone. I dialed Summer's number and I waited.
She answered after a couple of rings.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Summer!" I whispered.
"Naomi! Where the hell are you?" She asked.
"Promise me you won't tell Leo." I mumbled.
"Okay..."
"I'm with Mason."
There was silence on the other end.
"Why?" She asked.
"Because I can't stand Leo right now."
"Yeah, but Naomi, it was Masons plan."
"Mason didn't force Leo to say yes." I mumbled. She was silent again.
"Okay. Just don't do anything you'll regret okay?" She asked. I mumbled a yes as I heard Mason groan. I hung up the phone quickly and Mason sat up and rubbed his head.
"Hi." I said once he noticed I was there.
"Hi." He said as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen.
"So, you staying long or...?" He asked. I shrugged.
"I have no idea." I said. I looked up to see him looking at me weirdly.
"What?" I asked.
"It's just that you look different from the last time I saw you." He mumbled.
"Well, yeah. I've changed." I shrugged.
"It's a good change isn't it?" He asked. I froze.
"Yes." I mumbled. Although, I wasn't sure.
"Well, that's great then." He said.
"Look, Mason, I know we didn't end on good terms. With you being all lost at DisneyWorld and all that. But, I really did enjoy the time I spent with you." I said. He smiled.
"So did I." He said.
I sighed in relief. For a second there I thought that was going to be a one sided feeling.
I got a bunch of text messages from Summer but I didn't bother to read them.
I sighed as I motioned towards the food.
"So, what's for breakfast?"
-
I finally got the urge to look at my phone. I found 21 messages from summer and 10 calls. From Leo I got 5 messages and 8 miscalls. What could be so urgent?
I looked at the messages from Summer
NAOMI
ANSWER
PLEASE
MASON
IS
THE
BAD
GUY
NOT LEO.
MASON
THREATENED
TO
KILL
YOU AND
LEO STAYED
WITH YOU
BECAUSE OF THAT REASON.
THERE WAS NO MONEY
INVOLVED
HE JUST WANTED TO
PROTECT YOU.
I looked down at the texts in disbelief.
"You okay Naomi?" Mason asked from across the couch. I looked up in fright.
"Yeah. I'm fine." I mumbled. There was silence for a couple of seconds as he just stared at me.
"Mason, I think I'm leaving. Leo and I have to work things out." I mumbled as I stood up. I walked towards the door with my backpack and Mason put his hand on the door to stop me.
"We haven't even talked about anything." He said.
"I'll keep in touch." I insisted.
He looked at me in a hurtful kind of way.
"I didn't want to have to do this Naomi." He mumbled. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the couch.
"Mason..." I mumbled. He got a syringe with his other hand and he put it up to my arm.
"Mason!" I pushed him off and I looked at him in disbelief.
"This isn't who you are." I mumbled.
"I've changed too Naomi."
"But not the better." He grabbed my arm and he put the syringe into my arm and I passed out.