Chapter 34

I froze in front of all of them. They looked at me like they expected something. They expected an answer.
"No..." I mumbled.
"No?" Summer asked.
"No! I don't want to answer. I love you all so much and we aren't going to ruin the family we have." I said.
They all stayed quiet.
"I'm going for a walk." I mumbled.
I rushed out of the house as everyone stayed.
(A few months later)
I haven't talked to Leo or Mason in a while. Summer's told me that Leo's leaving soon. I don't think I'm going with him. I don't even know him anymore, let alone want to marry him. I sighed as I flipped the page to my book and I continued reading. My job at my office building is gone. I quit so I would have time for writing. But, that also meant less money. A knock sounded from the door. I sighed as I stood up and I opened the door. A man stood there with an envelope.
"Who...are you?" I asked.
"I'm the landlord for this place. You haven't paid your monthly bill. The people are threatening to kick you out." He handed me the envelope and turned towards the stairs.
"Wait!"
But he didn't listen. I groaned as I slammed the door shut. This year is just awful. I looked at the envelope and I felt my curiosity take the best of me. I opened the letter with shaky hands and I read it. By the time I was done I crumbled the note in my hands.
They're kicking me out of my own house?
I rubbed my face with my hand as I sunk into the couch. What the hell am I going to do?
-
"Live with Leo!" Summer exclaimed. I looked at her as if she was dumb.
"Leo and I are no longer a thing." I said.
"Come on! He has a place in California. Nothing's tying you down to New York anyway."
"He wouldn't accept me."
"He totally would. Leo's just that nice." She said as she nudged me.
"No! No! No! I'm not asking him. I haven't seen him in a while anyway."
Summer rolled her eyes and sighed.
"You're being over dramatic." She mumbled.
"Am I? Cause last thing I remember, he proposed to me and I ran out of the room Summer!"
She looked at me as if I was dumb.
"Shut up about that already. It's in the past." She said.
"Why can't I just live with you?" I asked desperately. Summer shook her head.
"Nope. We've been through that already. Plus, I'm gonna be super busy with my work and my..." She paused as she looked at something in the street.
"What is it?" I asked.
"That's totally Leo." She mumbled.
"What?" I asked as I looked at where she was looking. It was him. It was the guy I left a few months ago.
He was walking along the street.
"Hide me!" I screamed as I ran towards a building. Summer rolled her eyes.
I hid behind a building as I looked at Leo saying hi to Summer. She waved and they talked. I wonder what they're talking about...

A few minutes later Summer came
Back and she told me Leo knew a place that has rent only for 500 bucks instead of what I'm paying now.
"Sure. Where is it?" I asked.
"In California." She smiled.
"And it's not his place?" I asked.
"Of course not."
(3 days later)
So here I am, moving back to California. I missed it I guess. Never really noticed how much. But I did.
I got onto the plane and I walked towards me. I sighed as I was anxious to see who'd two people would be sitting near me since my seat was in the middle of two other ones. I got to the seat and I sighed.
"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled.
Leo sat in the window seat and Mason sat in the aisle seat.
"Naomi?" They both asked.
-
The plane ride is literal torture. It's the most awkwardest thing I've ever been in. I sighed. It's only been half the time into the plane ride and the tension in the air is actually frustrating me. No ones said anything.
They were both supposed to be left in my past.
-
It's the end of the plane ride and I sighed in relief when I could stand up. I stood up and I stretched. Leo eyed me carefully. I think he was thinking I was trying to push myself towards him. I stopped stretching and I kept my hands to myself.
This is so awkward! Mason grabbed his bag, looked at me, and then nodded. I didn't know what that meant. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.
I grabbed my bag and I accidentally hit Leo with it.
"I'm so sorry!" I said as I tried not to laugh. He smiled as he just shook his head at me.
I looked away from him and I started walking out the plane. Once I was out of the plane, I called Summer.
"Where's this place again?" I asked as I studied Leo who was walking ahead of me. Mason was long gone now.
"It's near the your old building. Just look at the key I gave you. The address is attached to it." She said.
"Okay... Thanks."
I grabbed the key from my bag and I examined the address. Okay...
I walked to my new apartment, which just so happens to be the same way as where Leo's going.
I continued walking and my suit case is starting to drag me down.
Leo was still ahead of me, totally oblivious I was even here.
Then suddenly he turned towards me.
"Stop following me." He whispered.
"I'm not! My apartments this way." I mumbled.
"No. My apartment is this way." Leo said as he looked at me weirdly. I held up my key as I showed him the tag.
"Damn Summer." He mumbled as he reached into his pocket. He held up his key which had the exact same address.
"We live together?" We asked at the same time.