Chapter 40

I walked out of the shower feeling cleaner. The water wasn't exactly the cleanest from earlier. I still can't believe Ryan jumped into that water...
I sighed as I stopped walking. Leo was on his hands and knees and was scrubbing the floor.
"Wha are you doing?" I asked as I stood over him.
"I'm taking off this stupid line." He mumbled.
"What?"
He stopped scrubbing and he looked up at me.
"I know how much of a jerk I've been. And I wanted to make you feel better." He said.
He really does care.
I smiled at him and I got on my knees too. I started scrubbing the floor with a sponge.
"Naomi," he said as he grabbed my wrist," you don't have to help me."
"Yes I do. Leo, we live together now. We have to help eachother. Help me help you clean this stupid line." I said. He let go of my wrist and I continued scrubbing.
Somehow, right now, I still see that guy who wanted to marry me a couple of months back. And I'm happy.
-
"He took off the line?" Summer asked.
She asked to meet me at my school. She insisted on eating with me
I nodded as I sipped my caprisun.
"Seems like loverboy still has his old feelings." She mumbled as she leaned back in amusement.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked feeling slightly scared at what she was gonna say.
"All I'm saying is, look for signs. When Leo likes a girl he tends to be a bit harsh towards the girl. Or he does the whole 'I want to see you once a week' thing." Summer said.
I felt slightly embarrassed cause I fell for the "I want to see you once a week" thing.
"Look, I don't even know if I like him anymore."
"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.
"It means I might want to focus on college and my writing. I need to focus on myself before I focus on some guy."
"Hey ladies." Ryan said as he set his bag down and sat next to me.
"And who might you be?" Summer asked him.
"Summer, this is Ryan. Ryan, this is Summer." I said. They shook hands.
"Oh! So you're the mysterious boy who saved Naomi's life the other day." Summer smiled at him. Ryan nodded.
"It was so much fun. I mean, I've never been in a dangerous situation like that before."
"Trust me. If you're around Naomi, they're be a regular thing." Summer winked.
"Shut up." I mumbled as I threw my caprisun away. Ryan laughed silently.
I looked across the field and I saw the two girls.
"Those are the girls aren't they?" Summer asked softly. Ryan and I nodded.
"Those girls need to pay." Ryan said.
I shrugged.
"They were just jealous cause I used to date Leo. That's all." I said.
"What are their names?" Summer asked. I shrugged.
"Blondes one name is Hunter. Brown haired ones name is Mckenzie." Ryan said.
I examined them for a while.
"Anyway," summer said as she stood up," I have to go. Nice to see you Naomi." She said as she looked at me then towards Ryan. She was signally that he was cute. I rolled my eyes.
She then left.
"She seems nice was she Leo's friend too?" Ryan asked.
I turned towards Ryan.
"No. She's Leo's ex." I said.
I stood up and I walked towards the girls.
"Wait! What do you mean? I thought you were Leo's ex." Ryan said as he followed next to me.
"I was, I am!" I corrected myself quickly.
I tapped Hunter on the shoulder. She turned around.
"Why do you hate me?" I asked. She looked me up and down.
"You don't deserve him." She mumbled.
"What? You don't even know me b-"
"Naomi!" Ryan put a hand over my mouth to not let me say anything I'd regret.
I took his hand off my mouth.
"You don't know me." I mumbled towards her.
"I don't have to know you. You're an orphan girl who just so happened to be lucky and bumped into Leonardo Dicaprio on the street. I've known Leo for years. I was his first love for Christ's sake! We've also been hanging out over the summer break."
"First love? You are such a liar." I said in disbelief.
"You don't deserve him. You're just a sorry girl who needs help." Hunter pointed her finger at my chest. I tried so hard not to slap her.
"Me?! I need help? I AM an orphan! And I'm proud to be an orphan. Cause at least I'm not someone like you who probably has such a low self esteem that the only thing that can bring it up is teasing me." I reached into my bag and pulled out my keys.
"Here." I threw them at her. She caught them.
"Do what you want with them. I don't care anymore!" I said.
Ryan pulled my arm away from Hunter. I broke away from his grip.
"And also, you a-"
She shoved me towards Ryan. Ryan caught me and I instantly felt my body boil with anger.
"That's it." I mumbled as I tried running towards her. She was about to swing her fist when Leo grabbed her arms and held them back. Ryan grabbed my arms and held me back.
"What's this fight about?" Leo asked.
"Hunter said she was your first love. Is that true?" I asked.
Leo didn't speak. He had a sorry face on. I was so mad that I could've screamed right there on the spot. My heart was beating at a unhealthy pace and my breathing because very fast as if I'd just ran a marathon.
I tried running towards her but Ryan had such a good grip on my arms.
I calmed down and Ryan let go of my arms.
"I'm leaving." I mumbled as I looked at Leo mostly. He let go of Hunter and she seemed to smile.
He looked sorry. But I knew he wasn't.
"Naomi..." Leo walked towards me and grabbed my arm.
"Leo! No." I said as I pushed his arm away.
"I'm sorry." He said.
"No you aren't." I mumbled.
I grabbed my bag and I ran towards the street with tears streaming down my face. Once I was a few blocks away, I couldn't handle it anymore. I put my hand on my mouth to muffle my cries. I sobbed as I shook my head.
Why the hell do I have to feel this way? Why do I have to carry all the jealousy for? I thought I was over him. He clearly is over me.
They've been hanging out over the summer break? That's not that long after we broke up. If he really did feel something for me then why the hell would he just date another girl?
I took a deep breath.
"Naomi?" I wiped my eyes as I looked up. Ryan was standing in front of me. A look of pity was stretched across his face. I don't know it was pity because of how terrible I looked crying or pity because of the whole situation.
"Just leave." I mumbled.
"Naomi..." He said. Wow. Even his voice had pity.
"Leave." I said.
Ryan took a step forward.
"Leo says he's sorry and that he got your keys back." Ryan said.
I sighed as I wiped my eyes again.
"Sorry that I'm so pathetic." I mumbled.
"You aren't pathetic at all. Most people would be pretty upset if they found out their ex is dating again. Especially if you loved him." Ryan shrugged.
I smiled slightly.
Ryan held out his hands for a hug. I hugged him tightly.
I didn't want to let go.
{Leo's P.O.V while Naomi ran away}
I ran as fast as I could behind Ryan.
"Wait!" I said. Finally Ryan stopped running and he turned towards me.
"What do you want with her?" Ryan asked.
"I want her to be happy. That's what I want for her." I said. Ryan rolled his eyes.
"You don't believe me? Okay... Um... I wanted to make her so happy that I drew a line in the middle of the apartment so she wouldn't be disappointed in me. It turned out she was more disappointed that I had that stupid line in the first place." I lightly laughed. Ryan raised his eyebrows.
"Look, I saved her from a train. I saved her from drowning! I loved her. And I don't want her hurt. Please tell her that." I said pleadingly.
"No." Ryan mumbled.
"Huh?" I asked feeling my stomach drop down in disappointment.
"You can tell her when you see her." Ryan said.
He continued running after Naomi.
What have I gotten myself into?....