Chapter 32

Naomi sat across from me.
"What did you call me for Leo?" She asked.
I took a deep breath. I've made my decision.
"My boss called me into his office today." I looked up to look at her face. But she was playing with her hands. I wanted to tell her that we were gonna have to stop dating. But something clicked.
"I really like you Naomi." I said.
"I know you do. I like you too." She said as if it was nothing surprising. She stood up, kissed me on the cheek, and walked to the kitchen.
"So what's for dinner?" She asked.
"Naomi..." I stood up.
She looked up to me.
"What is it?" She asked.
"I'm moving back to California soon..." I said as I leaned onto the counter in front of her.
She looked at me weirdly.
"And?" she asked as she eyed me carefully.
"Well, I was called into the office today and they told me I had to choose between you or my job. They said you were a distraction."
She slammed her hands on the counter.
"That's horseshit!" She yelled.
"That's what I said!" I said as I laughed.
"What are you gonna choose?" She asked, her voice coming to a whisper. She was scared at what I'd say. I walked around the counter and I grabbed onto her hand.
"I choose you. I'll always choose you." I mumbled.
She looked at me as if she was in a trance.
"I don't want you to pick me." She mumbled.
"What?" I asked. She took a step away from me.
"You take the job. It's your life Leo." She said.
"You're my life Naomi."
"Stop trying to be romantic. Look, you live your life and I live mine. And if we come together in the end then it's perfect. We have to trust in ourselves."
"Then move to California with me when I leave."  I said as I took a step closer to her.
"Leo, I can't just leave my work." She said.
"Why not? You can get a job in California again. We can be happy."

{Naomi's P.O.V}
"Leo, my life is here in New York. It has for two years." I said as I couldn't believe what he's asking me to do.
"Then marry me." He said way too quickly. I looked at him in disbelief. His eyes were widened at what just slipped out of his mouth. We both froze. I guess we didn't expect him to say that.

{Mason's P.O.V}
I walked with a rose in my hand. I love Naomi. I know that now. And I need to live for her. Here, in New York. Summer walked beside me with her hands in her pockets. She was humming softly to herself.
"Why are you so happy?" I asked.
"You're finally telling the girl you love her. Of course I'm happy for you." She said as she smiled towards me.
"I have something to tell you." I mumbled. She looked towards me and raised an eyebrow.
"What is it?" She asked.
"There was this random women who told me that if I helped her get closer to Naomi then she'd help me separate Leo and her."
"You didn't take the offer did you?" She asked.
"No! I didn't. But she looked familiar." I said.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"I don't know...It was weird." I shrugged.
"You know what is weird." She said.
"What?" I asked.
"That you haven't said I love you to a certain someone." She eyed me carefully.
"I'm going." I rolled my eyes.

{Naomi's P.O.V}
Leo and I both sat on the couch in shock.
"You just proposed to me..." I mumbled.
Leo nodded slowly.
"Do you actually want to get married or was that a sudden thing?" I asked as I looked at him.
He was staring at the wall opposite of us.
"I don't know... It kinda slipped out." He mumbled. He turned towards me and we made eye contact.
"You don't have to marry me if you don't want too Naomi."