Chapter 46

"Summer?! How could you do this?! Leo and I JUST started dating and Mason is just gonna ruin it all up!" I yelled as I threw my hands up in annoyance.
"I'm sorry! I just...I really want you two to be friends again." Summer mumbled.
"Why would you want that? Why did you ev-" I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair.
"I'm sorry Naomi. I just...I'd really like you two to be friends again." Summer mumbled. I sighed again as I looked up at her. She looked at Mason with guilt in her eyes.
"Fine." I mumbled. Her eyes lit up.
"But only an hour!" I said as I put a finger up.
"And also, you have to stall Leo while I hang out with Mason. They didn't exactly end on good terms..." I mumbled.
"Right! You can count on me!" She exclaimed. She gave me a big hug and then she ran towards the restaurant we left Leo at. I sighed and rubbed my hands together. I hope this works out well...
-
I tapped Mason on the shoulder and he turned around. A feeling of relief went over me as I noticed he didn't look mad.
"Hi...where's summer?" He asked.
Before he could say anything else I hugged him tightly. I never really wanted to let him go. I missed his scent, his warmth, I really missed everything and I didn't even know.
"Naomi, you're squishing me." He managed to say.
I laughed lightly as I stepped backwards. I wiped my eye.
"Crap, I promised myself I wouldn't do this." I said.
"You're that happy to see me?" He asked as he put his hands on my shoulders and looked at my face.
I nodded even though that wasn't the case, I was sad because my dad was dead. Mason always brought out my true feelings.
He smiled as he sighed.
"Let me guess. Summer's taking care of Leo while you hang out with me." Mason mumbled as he took his hands off my shoulders. I nodded again.
"Okay then, let's go and have fun for an hour." Mason said as he walked towards the rides.
"Wait!" I exclaimed as I followed him.
-
I laughed as I got off a ride.
"That was so much fun!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah! And how the ride went upside down! Totally cool!" Mason exclaimed. My laughs slowly died out once I started thinking about yesterday again. That twisting feeling in my stomach wasn't even close to gone.
"What's wrong?" Mason asked as he stood in front of me.
"Nothing." I shrugged as if nothing was wrong.
"Naomi...I know you. I'm here for you." He said.
"Are you? Cause last time I heard, you haven't seen me in almost 6 months. I don't even know you anymore Mason. And an hour of your time isn't going to change how I feel about you." I pushed past him," your hour is up." I mumbled.
"Naomi! Wait!" He exclaimed. But I kept on walking. He thinks he knows me... He hasn't even seen me in a while! How does he expect me trust him just like that again?
I sighed. As I slowed down my walking pace. I rubbed my hands together as I looked up at the grey sky. It should be raining again soon...
I saw Leo in the distance.
I waved and he put a finger up to signal Summer to be quiet for a second. He ran to me and wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm so sorry..." He mumbled.
"For what?" I asked as he let go of the hug. He put his hands on my shoulders in a loving way.
"I don't know. For everything." He mumbled. I looked at him weirdly.
"Oh!" He reached into his back pocket," I got you something yesterday." He mumbled. He had something in the palm of his hand.
"Put your hand out." He said. I did as he asked and he grabbed my hand and kissed it while sliding the gift into my palm.
He let go of my hand and he winked while walking back to Summer. I looked at my palm and I felt like I could melt. It was a necklace with a heart...
I wrapped my hand around the necklace tightly. I never wanted to let it go...ever.
-
I walked with Leo as Summer and Ryan walked ahead of us.
I sighed as I slowly leaned on Leo.
He smiled down at me.
"Where did you go missing to earlier?" He asked,
"I just had to think." I shrugged.
"I'm here for you." Leo mumbled. That's what Mason said...
"I know you are. Thank you for that." I said as I tried to get this stupid grin off my face, but it was impossible. I mean, if you were with Leonardo DiCaprio would you be able to stop yourself from smiling?
He poked my cheek as Summer and Ryan stopped walking.
"We'll get a taxi back to the hotel. Why don't you guys go for a walk?" Summer asked us. I shrugged as I looked at Leo for approval. He nodded while eyeing me carefully.
"Sure." I mumbled. Summer nodded as her and Ryan walked one way while Leo and I walked another way.
Slight rain started as we walked down the road.
"So, how did you like DisneyWorld?" He asked.
"Meh." I mumbled jokingly.
"What?! It's so great!" He exclaimed.
"Okay Kiddo. I was kidding." I rolled my eyes playfully. He grabbed onto my hand as we walked down the road.
-
Leo and I must've been walking for an hour already and it isn't even awkward.
Not at all. But, the rain has gotten really heavy and the wind has picked up, so now my hair lifts off my shoulders.
Leo and I ran across the road and we ran into a store.
I picked out a jacket and Leo picked out one for himself.
"I'll pay." I mumbled as I reached for my money in my back pocket.
"I got this." Leo mumbled.
I slammed my hand on the counter with the money before he got out his wallet.
"A girl can pay, but thanks for the offer." I winked. He laughed as he looked at me with amazement.
"You're crazy, Naomi." He mumbled as he put his wallet back into his pocket.
"I know." I smiled at him as I grabbed my jacket and I put it on. I handed him his and he put it on. It kinda looked really good on him...
We walked out of the store and the wind has picked up tremendously now.
I looked at Leo as he shrugged. He sighed as he leaned on the stores wall.
"I saw you with Mason, Naomi." He said over the loud wind.
"You saw us?" I asked. I put my hair behind my ears so it wouldn't get in my face. The rain seemed to hit my face, freezing me where I stood.
"Yes! Of course I did. What were you doing with him?" Leo asked. He squinted his eyes slightly against the rain blowing in the wind.
"Leo...it was nothing." I said as I put a hand distantly in front of my eyes so I could block my eyes from the wind.
"Nothing?" He asked as he walked slowly closer to me.
"Nothing! He's...he's an idiot." I said. He stopped walking as I stuffed my hands in my jacket pocket.
"Can I trust you?" He asked me. He looked at me deeply.
"Of course you can." I said. I couldn't believe he was questioning his trust against me.
"But, he loves you Naomi." Leo had a icy, empty expression on his face Id never seen before. He did look hurt. I don't get why he had to bring this up now, instead of the earlier when  we hung out together or when we got to the hotel.
"But I love you Leo." I said as I took a few steps towards him. I was a bit surprised by my words. We haven't said the "L" word since New York.
His hurt face turned into a smile.
"I love you too, Naomi." He whispered.
I smiled as the wind got softer. We both walked towards each other and we kissed. His hand was on my waist and the other on my cheek as both my hands were over his shoulders.
I was on my tippy toes as he brought me closer to him. I felt his lips tremble as he tried not to laugh.
"Hey! Why are you laughing?" I asked as I pulled away and looked at him.
"It's raining again Naomi." He laughed as he looked up at the sky.
I laughed too as I kept my hands in their original position. I looked up at the sky, it's colors of grey and blue brought a bit of peace with my dad.
I sighed in relief. I looked up at the sky, wondering, just wondering if my dad was looking down at me. If so, was he proud?
I've got peace from my dads death because of Leo. And for that, I really do love Leo.
"I really do love you." Leo mumbled. I looked at him and he looked down at me.
"I really love you too."