Chapter 27

I looked down at my plate with no interest. I sighed as I picked at the food with my fork. I've totally lost my appetite... I'm just so nervous. I mean, I haven't told Leo I'm single, and then what? He's leaving soon! It's only fair though, I did the same.
-
Mason's P.O.V
"When are you going to tell her?" Summer asked me as she sat down next to me.
"Tell who what?" I asked as I shut my hand over the heart necklace.
"That you're in love with Naomi and that you found that." She said as she pointed towards the necklace.
I looked at the water.
"I can't tell her." I mumbled.
"Why? If you really love her then tell her. It's not something you should keep hidden. Even scream it if you want...actually, don't do that. You might freak her out." Summer laughed softly. I laughed for a second too.
"You don't understand. Naomi is literally Leo's soul mate." I said as I shrugged.
"How can you tell?" She asked.
"Because whenever she sees him she has this look...this look that I have always wanted her to look at me with. And he gives the same look, even more so. They are meant to be. Literally."
"So? They're in love. It happens." She said as she rubbed me on the back.
"No... This is something more. Plus, Naomi's already had too much to deal with. With her parents, Dylan, Leo, and us! She's such a beautiful person and everything, but Leo sees something I wish I could see." I said. I sighed as I threw the necklace into the water.
-
Naomi's P.O.V
I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I walked in the street.
"Naomi...how are you?" Leo said as he jumped in front of me. I jumped up a little.
"You scared me." I mumbled. He laughed.
"I'm fine. Just...bored." I said.
"How's the husband?" Leo said sarcastically.
"Actually, we broke up." I said smiling a little.
"Oh..." Leo said while he tried to conceal his grin, but he was unsuccessful.
"So...busy?" He asked while changing the subject.
"I'm not busy." I said.
"Would you like to hang out then?" He asked. I nodded slowly.
"I'd like that." I said.
-
I was now with Leo. I swear, I really did like him. Gosh, I loved hanging out with him. He's literally the best person ever and he talks a lot on animals and global warming, which I didn't know he talked about until today. I guess we're finally getting to open up to each other.
We walked down the street as we talked.
"So, have you talked to summer lately?" I asked.
He shook his head and smiled.
"No...but, I have talked to Mason. He seems awfully quiet.
"Really? I wo-"
"Naomi!" Someone called behind me. Leo and I turned around and there was a woman running towards me.
"Do you know her?" Leo whispered to me. I shook my head.
The woman stopped in front of me.
She had brown hair and green eyes. She was also probably 40 or something.
She put her hands on my shoulders.
"I've been looking for you for years!" She almost screamed. I looked at her weirdly. I'm so confused...
"I'm sorry...who are you?" I asked her.
"Naomi... I'm your mother."