Chapter 25

I felt all the blood drain out of me as I just looked down at the ring. A couple of days ago I would've said yes, but now that Leo's back...well, I don't know. I know I'm being ridiculous cause he's my ex best friends boyfriend, but...I don't know. I just...I don't know. I'm really confused.
"Dylan..."
I sighed.
"No. I can't. Not now."
"Why not?" He asked as he stood up.
"Because I just can't. We've barley even been together for a year and a half are you sure we're ever ready for that kind of dedication?" I asked.
"Absolutely." He said as he grabbed my shoulders.
"Dylan! We haven't even said I love you yet." I said.
"Naomi, I love you."
"It's not the same!" I said as I shrugged his hand off my shoulders.
"Same as what?" He asked. I turned around and I immediately regretted saying that.
"Not the same as what Naomi?" He asked.
"Look, I'm sorry. I just...I can't marry you. That too big of a step for me and I can't." I said as I shook my head.
"Then don't. We can just still be boyfriend and girlfriend. It's fine." He said as he really meant it. Why does he have to be so dang nice?
He kissed me on the forehead.
"Don't worry. Just go out while I clean around. I know how much you don't like the fire." He said. I sighed in relief.
Why couldn't I say yes?
-
It's been a week since I've been proposed too and I can't get that day out of my mind. I haven't seen Mason, Leo, or Summer in a while. And honestly, I don't really want too. They are all the past. I need to focus on my future. So why the hell couldn't I say yes? I laid on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. I was thinking deeply. Dylan was downstairs working (of course) and I was just...drowning in my thoughts.
I suddenly hear some noises coming from my window next to my bed.
I looked at my window and I see Leo knocking on it. How the hell did he climb on my roof?
I reached over and I opened the widow for him.
"Why are you here? Dylan is downstairs!" I whispered. He climbed in and fell on the floor with a loud thud.
"Are you okay up there?" I heard Dylan ask.
"Yes! Just dropped a book!" I said.
"I wanted to see you." Leo said as he got up and brushed himself off.
"Wanted to see me?" I asked. I was confused.
"Well, I haven't seen you in a while and I want to see you as much as I can before I leave." Leo whispered.
"How do you even know where I live?" I asked.
"I asked around." He shrugged.
"You really can't be here. If Dylan sees you..." I trailed off once I heard footsteps up the stairs.
"Hide!" I whispered.
Leo's eyes widened as I stood up and pushed him inside my closet.
"Are you okay up here?" Dylan said while entering the room.
"Everything's fine." I said as I leaned on the closet door.
"Why wouldn't anything be fine? I'm fine. Are you fine? Cause I am!" Dylan put his hands on my shoulders.
"Naomi, calm down. I know you're a little weirded out by the proposal." He laughed.
"Yeah..." I mumbled as I looked towards the closet door.
"And..." He turned my chin so I was facing him," I just wanted to say that I actually do love you. It wasn't fake." He said.
"I lo-" I got cut off by a loud thud in the closet.
"What was that?" Dylan asked as he looked at the closet.
"It was me. I stuffed a bunch of stuff in there and it must've fell."
"Do you want me to help you?" He asked as he reached for the closet door handle.
"No!" I said as I pushed it close.
"Just...please make me food. I'm starving. Okay?" I asked as I peaked him on the lips.
"Okay..." He said as he looked at me weirdly and started walking down the stairs again. I sighed in relief and I opened the closet door.
"I can't believe you. You should've stayed quiet." I whispered to Leo as he walked out the closet.
"You love him?" Leo asked me as he sat on the bed.
I sighed as I closed the door and I sat on the bed next to him.
"I don't know..." I mumbled.
"You don't know? When you love someone you know Naomi. Do you love him?" Leo asked more loudly. I covered his mouth with my hand. He turned towards me.
"No...I don't love him." I whispered. It was weird hearing me say that out loud, but now that I have, I felt relieved. I removed my hand from his mouth.
"He asked me to marry him."
"And you said no?" Leo asked.
"Of course. Everything's happening so fast. Like with Summer being here and Mason being h-"
"And me being here." He added.
"Exactly." I said.
"Is that the real reason you said no?" Leo asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I mean, did you say no because you knew you didn't love him?" He asked.
"I don't know. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment I guess." I shrugged.
Leo put his hand on top of mine.
"I'm always here for you Naomi." He said as he smiled.
"No you're not." I whispered.
"Yes I am!" He said way too loudly. I covered his mouth again.
"Shut up." I whispered. He pushed my hand off and walked towards my night stand.
"You kept it." He mumbled. I stood up and followed him. He was looking at the pink heart necklace.
"Of course. It's like a little piece of my old life." I said as I smiled. He grabbed it and held it in his hand.
"You could give it to Summer if you want." I said as I shrugged. Why did I have to say that? I'm such an idiot! I love that necklace!
"No...this was meant for you. It fits you." He whispered as he set it down back onto the nightstand.
"I have to go. Summer's looking for me." He said as he walked towards the window.
"You absolutely have to go?" I asked.
He nodded. I envied Summer so much right now.
Leo climbed out the window and looked inside the room at me.
"By the way," he said as he leaned in close towards me," I feel the same way about Summer as you do about Dylan." He winked and he closed the window.
What's that even supposed to mean?