Chapter twenty seven: Grace

I wasn't sure where I was. The only thing I could remember was my name, Grace... I think. But I could remember one other name—Carrie. I could vaguely remember his face... Freckles, blonde hair... Green-ish blue-ish eyes.

I looked around and frowned, I had absolutely no idea where I was.

I was sitting underneath a giant tree. The morning wind flowed through my long hair.

I just sat there for a few moments then moments turned into minutes.

Suddenly a shadow overtook me.

"Hey." A boy sat down next to me.

I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't know the boy but something told me I shouldn't get up. The boy had sea green eyes and tousled black hair. He reminded me of someone but I couldn't remember who.

"Um, hi." I looked into the sky.

"So—" He started but I interrupted him.

"Who are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look like a child of the greek god Poseidon and I've never seen you before. So yes, who are you?" I blurted out.

"My name's Percy. Who are you?"

"I'm Grace. What do you want?"

"Well that was rude."

"Okay. Please tell me why you're here."

"I'm here to get you, of course." Percy grinned stupidly.

"That's not an answer." I glared at him.

"Do you want me to be honest?"

I nodded.

"I want to take you to a magical camp for children of the greek gods so that you can be trained to kill monsters and most likely die at a young age."

"Well isn't that joyful." I rolled my eyes.

"You... You believe me?"

"Why not? I would love to hear your ideas."

"No, it's not that. It's just—"

I stood up before he could finish.

"Do you know your parent yet?" He stood next to me.

"I-I don't know."

"That's fine..are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"To go to camp!"

"What camp?"

"Camp Half-Blood, just hop on one of these." He spoke as two pegasi flew down in front of us.

One was black and the other was a cloudy white. Percy got on the black one so I stepped forward and the white pegasus reared, after Percy calmed it he told me it was okay to get on.

I stepped forward again but this time the pegasus didn't move.

I saddled up then Percy's took off. Mine followed, so I had no choice but to follow Percy and his pegasus.

After a few minutes I saw the ocean and cabins.

Apparently the place is called Camp Half Blood. Percy explained everything to me then he told a girl named Annabeth to show me around the camp. I must say... I hated her the second I saw her.

After the centaur left (he wouldn't tell anyone where he was going) Percy followed him. Annabeth wanted to follow them but she was kind of tending to a bloody nose I may or may not have given to her.

I walked toward the forest and sat down under a tree. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming toward me. I turned my head and looked at the boy that was walking toward me.

"Carrie?" I asked.

"Who's that?" He asked. Wow, does he sound depressed. "My name's Will."