Chapter thirty nine: Neptuna

I couldn't understand what I had just seen. I wasn't sure if it was a memory or just some strange dream.

I knew Carrie was supposed to teach archery today so my plan was to question him when he was most vulnerable, when that didn't work my next plan was to question him in between classes but he wasn't in his cabin, I sat there after fighting class for a full ten minutes before the door started to creak open, Carrie coming in. I pinned him to the wall.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I growled loudly.

"What are you talking about?" He easily freed himself and faced me.

"Don't play dumb." I hissed.

"What are you talking about?" He repeated.

"You know that my memory got wiped! You know who I really was!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about?"

"You took advantage of me! You knew me before my memory was wiped!" I felt the tears prickling in my eyes.

Dear gods, I hate it when this happened. Carrie gasped.

"No! No, no, no, please, don't cry!" He pleaded. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Don't cry, please, don't cry!"

I was taken by surprise. "Why do you care?" I asked quietly. "You're not supposed to show emotion, right? So why aren't you mad at me?" I could feel my tears tracking down my face now. I glared at him. "Go ahead. Tell me to leave. Keep me ignorant. Leave me in the dark."

"Neptuna, I'm sorry. But it was for your own good."

"My own good?" My voice started to get louder. "It's good for me? It's good to have no clue who I am?"

"Maybe you'll understand someday." He leaned down, grabbed something then tossed me a water bottle. I threw it back at him in rage. It hit him in the shoulder.

"Someday will be never!" I hissed when he stared at me.

"Take the drink, you'll feel better." He handed me the water bottle back.

"I'm not sick, you idiot!" I muttered. "I'm mad! You're a jerk!" Then I dropped the water bottle on the ground and backed into a corner.

I sunk to the ground and curled into a ball, crying into my knees.

Carrie slid down next to me, his face still that stupid emotionless rock that I knew he had to be. He handed me a tissue box and then he took off his dog tag,

"I think you should see something." He told me gently.

I didn't answer, but looked up from my knees to watch whatever he would show me.

"I want you to take off your dog tag."

"Is that an order?" I whispered.

"If you want it to be."

I silently removed the dog tag from around my neck and handed it to him, careful to prevent any contact between his skin and my own.

"No, I want you to keep it, I just want to show you a hidden feature." He nodded.

I raised my eyebrow slightly but lifted my head from my knees.

"Believe me if you don't but these can show you any moment in history, as long as the gods allow it."

I frowned, set the dogtag on the floor in front of me and said, "Show me who I used to be."

But nothing happened.

"Why isn't it working?" I asked quietly.

"You can't be that braud, you have to say a date. But not now, now you should go back to your cabin and relax before lunch."