Chapter fifty four: Neptuna

I had found a well-hidden spot to sleep, just off the beach. I laid down in the shade and gazed out at the water.

The sun was starting to set and was making the sky a beautiful orange-red. I layed my head on my backpack and thought for a moment but it didn't last long because I was exhausted.

I stood in the middle of a circular room, everything was ancient and white. Somehow I knew I was on Mount Olympus.

In the middle of the room was a projection of Carrie on a pegasus.

"What do we do with the boy?" Zeus eyed the projection.

"I say we just kill him." Athena glared at the projection.

"That's a little harsh, don't you think? Let's not let our grudges affect our choice." Apollo looked to her, eyes wide.

"No. It's necessary." She looked up from the projection and glared at the sun god.

"Oh come on! This is the first kid to bring honor to my name at Camp Ops! We're judging him on something he hasn't even done yet!" Apollo stood and faced the goddess.

"You're just sticking up for him because he brought you honor!" Athena stood and faced him.

"Sit down! Both of you!" Poseidon growled.

The two gods threw one last deadly glare at each other and marched back to their seats.

"Now, Aphrodite, how's it going?" Zeus looked to Aphrodite.

"Good so far, but the boy has good defences though. They need to be closer together, then hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone."

"Good." Zeus turned toward my dad, "Do you agree with the plan, or are you with Apollo?"

"I believe there are other options." Poseidon shrugged. "Options that don't include my daughter being in love with the scumbag."

"I'm not hearing this." Apollo got up in a rage, stormed right past me and out of the room.

"What about the girl?" The king of the gods turned toward Aphrodite again.

"I don't need to do anything, she's already head-over-heals for him."

"Good. Make her suffer." Hera snarled.

"I think that's the first time both Hera and Athena have ever agreed on something." Hephaestus laughed.

"Wait, and why can't we spare them?" Hermes questioned.

"Because it's so much more fun just to kill them!" Ares bellowed.

"I agree with Apollo." Demeter spoke up.

The room went silent, everyone was looking at Demeter.

"They don't need to die. Janus is with me and I believe Athena should agree with me."

"And why is that?" Snarled Athena.

"Countless times the boy has saved our children. We should be helping him, not trying to kill him."

"What about the prophecy?" Zeus reasoned, "To sea or arrow Olympus must fall."

"If we try to kill him or the girl then they will make sure that happens, but if we help them then they might go against—"

"Killing them would ruin the love story!" Aphrodite complained.

"Prophecies cannot be avoided!" Athena yelled.

"But they can be molded." Demeter kept her head level.

"Let us vote." Zeus boomed, "We already know Apollo's votes so let's continue. All in favor of killing just the girl?"

Hera's hand went up.

"All in favor of killing just the boy?"

All except for Athena and Hera's hands went up.

"All in favor of killing both?"

Athena rose her hand and the scene changed.

I was back on the beach, the word were still ringing in my ears, "Kill just the boy, make her suffer, it's necessary, kill just the boy."

It looked morning but I couldn't be sure. Suddenly the sky turned black, storm clouds covered the sun. I gazed into the sky, a cloud-like creature flew just under the darkness. If you didn't look carefully enough it looked like a bird, but I looked again and realised it was a pegasus. A lightning bolt hurdled toward the pegasus but a tree rose up and stopped it. The pegasus dove down and shot off toward... me. But the pegasus pulled up just in time, sadly another lightning bolt shot toward me.

A wave rose in front of me just in time to stop the lighting bolt, but I hadn't created it. The wave was at least five times my height.

I turned, grabbed my backpack, then started running as fast as I could in the opposite direction. I didn't care where I went. As long as I could escape.