Chapter 8

~ Phil's POV ~

I look at the clock. Ten minutes left till school is over. An hour till I get to see Y/N.

"Oi! GayLester!" I feel a piece of paper being thrown at my head. Josh. Josh is one of the main bullies. He's the ring leader.
I turn around to look at him. He's just taller than me. He has dark jelled hair and tanned skin. He's extremely muscular and strong. All the girls seem to swoon over him. I don't understand how he gets enjoyment from bullying me.
"Better make sure to take an umbrella. The sun is out today!" He laughs with his friends. They all seem to think I'm a vampire due to my pale skin. To be honest, most of his jokes like that don't phase me. I don't think they're good at all.

I roll my eyes and continue to work in my notebook.

"You ignoring me?!" He throws a rubber at my head. I turn to face him again.

"I asked you a f*cking question."

"No. I'm just trying to do my work."

"Pfft. Nerd." He chuckles.

I shake my head and finish my work. The school bell rings. I pack up my stuff and head out.

"GayLester!" I hear Josh shout from behind me as I'm walking down the hall.
I turn to see three boys and Josh with his arm wrapped around a girl. She had a full face of makeup, sharpee eyebrows and orange skin. I've only been at this school for around three days and I've seen him with five different girls already. Wow.

"What do you want Josh?" I roll my eyes.

"I want the know why you're such a Gaylord!" He laughs, high fiving his friends. Sometimes, I fear for his future. He has to be an idiot to actually think that's funny.

"I am not gay."

"Yeah? Well where's your girlfriend then?"

"Just because I don't have a girlfriend, doesn't mean I'm gay."

He takes a step towards me, looking down at me. I honestly wonder how he's so tall, because I'm already really tall.

"You think you're so smart don't you?"

"N-Not really." I step back

"Yeah you do!" He pins me against the wall. "You're just so full of yourself." He punches me in the stomach. I sink to the floor, tears forming in my eyes.

I hear all five of them laughing.

"He's clearly going to die alone!" I hear the orange girl laugh.
I feel someone punching my nose. I feel the blood running down my face.

I take a few moments to get myself up. Go to the toilet and hold some toilet paper against my bloody nose. Luckily, the bus driver waits a while for everyone to get on the bus.

I walk downstairs and clamber onto the bus, sitting on one of the chairs in the middle.
I decide to text Y/N because I know that she'll be on her bus as well.

(Messages)

Phil:
Haiii

Y/N:
Haiii. Are you bored on the bus as well?

Phil:
Yup. Barely anyone's on though!

Y/N:
Lucky you. Literally the entire city seems to be on my bus. It's honestly terrifying!

Y/N doesn't seem to like places with a lot of people there. It makes her feel cramped.

Phil:
Hey at least you can listen to their conversations!

Y/N:
Nothing interesting really. It's also f*cking freezing.

Phil:
Same here.

Y/N:
Yeah? Well do you keep finding snow in your ears because SOMEONE squashed it into your face.

Phil:
Aha well you assassinated me :p

Y/N:
Still!

I'm about to reply when someone slaps my phone out of my hand.
For f*cks sake.

"Who are you pretending to text?" Asks Mackenzie. She's one of the 'chavs' at school. You know, joggers, greasy hair, sharpie eyebrows, orange face and if not joggers, extremely revealing outfits. She's usually mean to me on the bus, I don't usually see her at school, but I haven't been here for that long.

She picks up my phone from the floor of the bus and begins to scroll through my messages with Y/N.
"Give it back!" I attempt to snatch it out of her hand, but she jumps back.

"Ooooh who's this Y/N person? She your graft?"

"N-No! Give me my phone back!"

She giggles as she scrolls through the entire conversation, then she chucks my phone back at me.

"I need to meet her one day!" She laughs as she gets off the bus.