Chapter 48

You sit at home drenched in your own tears.

Phil's leaving.

You still can't believe it.

Your mum isn't home yet, neither is your aunt. Your two cousins are though. They're downstairs.

Phil's leaving on Friday. Two days before Valentine's Day.

You were hoping you could spend it with him, but now you can't.

You have two days left with him. You're going out with Phil, Chris, Pj, Louise, Joe, Caspar and Zoe into town and then to Phil's favourite Chinese restaurant tomorrow. On Thursday, you and Phil are both taking the day off school to hang out.

"What's wrong Y/N?" Emily asks.

You look up to the doorway to see Emily and Erin standing there.

"Oh-Doesn't matter..." You say, wiping away some tears.

"But... If it's making you upset, it does.." Erin says.

"Tell us." Emily says as her and Erin take a seat beside you on your bed.

"It's just... One of my really close friends are moving to America..." You explain.

You get sandwiched in a hug between your two cousins. You giggle slightly.

"It's okay Y/N." Erin says.

......................................................................

School the next day was a blur, not much happened. Dan hadn't appeared since he saw Grace yesterday. Grace wasn't at school either. At lunch, you were all making up conspiracies on how Dan and Grace might know each other.

After school, you got changed and head off into town with Phil, Pj, Chris, Louise, Zoe, Joe and Caspar. While the boys were distracted, you, Louise and Zoe rushed off to a shop. You wanted to get Phil a present. After looking around for a while, rejecting things that weren't good enough, you found a key ring with a snowflake on it. Perfect. You quickly bought it then met up with the boys again. Now you're sitting in the Chinese restaurant with everyone. You're sitting between Phil and Chris.

"You didn't need to get so much chicken, Phil." Zoe laughs.

"Hey! It's likely that I won't be returning here. I'll eat as much as I want." Phil says defensively.

At dinner, you talk about many things, none of them being important. You can tell nobody wants to talk about anything depressing, just happy things. It goes by rather fast, and you soon find yourself back at home.

You sit on your bed and pull out your laptop, deciding to make a start on some homework.

"Y/N! Where were you!" Your mum shouts, running up the stairs.

"Out." You reply, opening a blank word document.

"Out where? With who?"

"Friends."

"Well you missed dinner!"

"I was having dinner. I told you all this before I left."

"No-Uh-Go to sleep!"

"Why? It's only 9:30."

"You have school tomorrow!"