Chapter 65

You and Phil are sitting on a white fence watching a river rush by in front of you.

Shining fish swim through the shimmering water.

"Phil?" You turn from the water a face Phil.

"Yeah?" Phil turns and faces you.

"There's uh- there's a dance... At my school... Coming up its kind of like a prom I guess...and I was-I was wondering if you wanted to possibly go with me?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know."

There's a pause as you both look forward and listen to the river flow.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you like me?"

"Why wouldn't I like you?"

"Cause I'm weird. And pale. And ugly."

"No, you're not. You're not weird, you're different, you're interesting. That's one of the things I like most about you. You're not a clone of every other dumb-minded asshole out there. You're kind. You're fun. You're so damn optimistic. As for you being pale and 'ugly', I don't care about the fact you're pale. I rather like it. If you weren't so pale, I wouldn't get to call you snowflake. Also, you're not ugly. You're absolutely amazing. You're the most f*cking gorgeous human being I've ever seen on this planet, and we both know I'm not the only person who thinks that..."
You pause for a second, deciding wether you should or shouldn't ask.
"Why do you like me?"

"There's no reason for me not to."

"Well... For starters, I'm a f*cking foot..."

"No you're not. Y/N, you're the kindest, smartest, funniest, most beautiful girl I've ever met. I uh... I actually wanted to give you something."
Phil takes a gorgeous silver ring with intricate designs painted on in black.
"Don't worry, I'm not proposing to you. It's a promise ring..."
He holds the ring up to you.
"Do you um... Do you want it?"

You nod your head and grin. "Yes."

He smiles and places the ring on your finger.

You both look out at the river again.
Without saying a word, Phil shifts over beside you and wraps an arm around your waist.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

(That felt so cringy yet cute to write)
.......................................................

"Mikey and Jake still aren't talking to me... Why are they so mad at me?" Lacey asks as you, her, Charlotte and Holly are on Skype getting ready for the dance.