Chapter Two

Working at the bakery with Peeta is hard work. I can't hunt because I am still to weak so I just hang out with Peeta as his assistant.

We never kiss at the bakery or in public because we would rather display our affection like that when we are married.

It's always busy at the bakery and everyone who comes in has a story. Today is somewhat slow so I just sit with Peeta as he makes dough and read a old cooking book.

"Katniss?" I look up and he smiles. "You okay?" I nod and close my eyes. "Tired that's all." I mumble and he lifts my chin, kissing my lips gently.

"Why?" I sigh. "You kept thrashing in your sleep last night so I stayed up trying to keep you calm." He sighs. "I kept having attacks in my sleep." He mumbles and I stand, taking his hand.

"It's going to be okay sweetheart." I whisper softly and run my hands up and down his arms. Then his eyes go dark. "M-mutt." My eyes fill with tears.

"Peeta-" "you mutt!" He screams and slams me in the wall and I yelp. He grips my arms, leaving bruises and then I kiss his lips slowly and he stops.

His eyes go back to normal and he sighs. "Thank you Katniss." I nod slowly without a smile. I look at my bruised arms and swallow. "Katniss." He says rubbing my arms with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm fine Peeta." I say quickly. He hugs me. "It's my fault." I kiss his neck slowly and he moves his neck sideways so I get more room.

He moans softly and I giggle. "It's not your fault Peeta everything is okay, just some bruises." I say between kisses to his skin. "They could've been to your neck." I swallow.

"I know Peeta." That's all I say because I don't want to cry. "My mind hates you Katniss... But my heart throbs every time we touch, it takes so much out of me to keep my emotions balanced." I look up to see tears streaming down his cheeks and I brush them away.

"Peeta... If you have a attack I'll never run, I'll be right here with you." I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his chest. "I love you Peeta Mellark, more than you know." Then my eyes glass over and I see Peeta screaming at me, calling me a mutt and then I shove his chest away.

"Katniss?" "You promised." I say softly and he grabs my hands. "What?" I put my hands to my chest. "You left me Peeta! You promised you would always be with me! I Iove you Peeta!" "Katniss!" I run out of the bakery with terrible memories flashing through my mind. I run to the woods where I've only been safe at. I hide under the same honey suckle bush that I did when I was little but now it's a honey suckle colony. Peeta finds me though and puts me in his lap, rocking me back and fourth.

"I'm sorry for leaving Katniss, I'm so sorry." He says kissing my cheek and then I look at him, swallowing. "I'm mad Peeta... I need help." I say with tears still streaming down my cheeks. He brushes them away and smiles. "Then let me be that person to help." I look up into those blue eyes and smile. "Okay."

COMMENT AND VOTE! NEXT CHAP THINGS ARE GOING TO GET MORE EXCITING :3