Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Fifty One

KATNISS'S POV

It's a late night tonight, the kids laying on the couch watching some cartoons, me cleaning the tips of my arrows, Peeta is sitting in his recliner quietly, watching me. "You okay Peeta?" He nods a little. "A little head ache that's all." I nod a little and finish up the last arrow.

I look at the kids as their eyes are drooping with sleepiness. "Oh Peeta, look at the kids." I whisper and he smiles a little. "Yeah that's cute." I stand from my chair and walk over to him and straddle him, resting my four head against his.

"What's wrong?" "Nothing, I'm going to go make the kids a snack." He mumbles pushing me off of him and walking into the kitchen. I kiss Willow and Kaden's four heads and their eyes open.

"Hey babies, daddy's making a snack, you want some?" They nod slowly and I smile, scooping both of them up in each arm. "Alright guys let's go into the kitchen." I carry them in and set them at the table and when I look up at Peeta my heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach.

He is clenching a large butcher knife with his eyes dark as night. He points the knife to Kaden and Willow who watch with horror in their eyes. "They aren't mine! They're yours and Gales!" I put my hands on his cheeks. "No Peeta they're ours, you're their daddy I'm their mommy, we made them together, Peeta please listen to me." He throws me into the wall and growls.

"Get away from me you mutt." He clenches his jaw and throws the table like it's a toy, the kids scream. "I'm going to kill them." He grabs Willow and Kaden and then before my brain can process what I'm about to do, I'm on my feet, running full force. "Peeta No!" I jump in front of the knife, shielding my sobbing and screaming children and the knife drives deep into my stomach, and the force drives me into the floor.

I gasp and look down at the blood gushing from the wound as the knife is still in my stomach. Peeta is looking down at me and I go to scream run to the kids but a cough of blood is the only thing that does come out of my mouth.

Before he turns to the kids Johanna and Chip open the door and see me on the floor, holding the knife handle grimacing in agonizing pain. Peeta turns and sees Johanna and Johanna jumps into action. "Get the fuck off of Katniss!!!!!!!" She jumps on his back and pulls him down on the ground and starts punching him hard in the face.

"Chip get the kids out of here, they can't see this, and get Caspian from outside tell Annie to stay out there." He nods and rushes the kids outside. My vision is blurring as I feel the slickness of my blood on my hands. "Peeta don't you fucking leave her, why the hell did you do this?" "She's a mutt!" She punches him again.

"That's your wife and your only wife! Now stop it Peeta or I will kill you!" I see his body relax and he bursts into tears. "I'm so sorry." I see a blur of movement and then see Caspian's sea green eyes. "Katniss keep your eyes focused on me okay?" He grips my bloody hand as I gasp and gag on my blood. "I'm going to patch you up nice and tight so you can make the train ride." I nod slowly and I let tears roll down my cheeks.

"Caspian, g-g-get Jo-" I cough up blood and it sprays in his face, splattering his glasses. "Johanna! She wants you!" I see a blurred vision of Johanna straddled over Peeta. "Don't move." She hisses to Peeta and then she quickly rushes over to me and my pool of blood, she takes one of my shaking and bloody hands. "Johanna listen." I sputter and she nods. "I-if I die and P-p-Peeta can't take care of them, you need to take them." "Katniss but Chip and I have the baby-" "Please Jo, it's my dying wish." She nods, brushing some blood away that is dribbling down my neck. "Okay." "Johanna, We can't get her on a train." "Why?"