Chapter Twenty Six

Katniss's POV

"Mommy?" Willows voice breaks through my earpiece and I smile. "Hey sweetheart." I say with tears running down my cheeks.

"Mommy when will you be home? I miss you." "I'll be home soon." I say with my voice cracking. "Will you be home for my art show?" I swallow and nod. "You know it baby... How's Squirt?" "Oh he's getting so big mommy! He'll me going to bunny Elementary soon!" I laugh a little and then Plutarch starts whispering through my earpiece to hurry up.

I look at the Capitol people, clapping as their new "leader" walks up on stage. "Mommy?" "Yes baby?" "Are yo having fun with grandma?" "Yeah I'm having a lot of fun... Baby can I talk to daddy?" "Yes you can, bye mommy I love you."

Then I hear his voice. "Katniss?" Tears start streaming down my face. "Hey Peeta." "How are you? Is the baby okay? How's your morning sickness?" I laugh. "Yes everything is fine Peeta." I sniffle and he gets quiet. "Why are you crying Katniss?" Plutarch whispers. "Katniss it's time to get off."

I look at her as she is saying the promises of Panem and I swallow. "I'm so sorry Peeta... I love you." I hang up and Gale comes onto my ear piece. "It's time Katniss... She's about to get sworn in." I look out the window of the presidents mansion with my bow and arrow in hand.

"Wake up." I whisper and it starts buzzing. I pull out one arrow and aim it at her back. I pull the string back and take in a long deep breath and close my eyes. Right when they open I shoot her through the heart with her gasp of pain and falling to her knees.

Everyone looks up as they see me and they gasp. Then a shot rings through the air from a pistol in a PeaceKeepers hand. The bullet grazes my shoulder making me cry out in pain and then everyone on my team swoops in and Gale saves me from falling.

He holds me close as we watch her blood spill onto the white concrete. "Good job Catnip." The next afternoon my shoulder is wrapped and I am walking into Willows art show at school. Peeta is chatting with her teaches. He looks up and I grin. Willow screams.

"MOMMY!!!!!!!!!" She runs over to me and jumps Into my arms. I wrap my arms around her and grin. "Oh baby I missed you." I whisper and she cries. "I missed you too mama!" Peeta rushes over to us and kisses my lips and grins.

"Oh my god Katniss I missed you." I look into his eyes and he can see the secrets in my eyes that will never be told, today is a new beginning where my kids and family are m life... Nothing else.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!! WHOEVER COMMENTS FIRST GETS A DEDICATION! Sorry for not updating family problems....