Chapter Thirty Three

Katniss's POV

                               I stand there, holding my stomach with my eyes going wide. "It's only been six months, I had three more months to go... Am I dreaming?" A horrible pang goes through my body and I cry out, falling to my knees where I stay still, holding my belly. Peeta left taking Willow to Haymitch's so she didn't have to hear my screams. He bursts through the door as I whimper in pain and he scoops me up. "Its okay Katniss, deep breaths and everything will be okay." He carries me up the stairs and sets me down in a chair that is in our room. Another contraction hits, making me moan in pain. "These contractions are worst than when I had Willow." I say through my clenched teeth.

                         Peeta is setting towels over the bed sheets and has a bucket of cool water by the chair at the end of the bed where he will be sitting. He lifts me up and lays me down on the warm towels. He takes off my bottoms and under ware and just stares for a few moments, thinking of what to do next I'm guessing. "Peeta, call my mom." "She won't be here in time-" "I know, she'll tell you what to do because I have no idea-" My words stop as another contraction hits and I scream. He nods quickly and grabs the phone.

                     He dials her number and then there is a pause. He rubs my contracting belly as I moan like a wounded animal that just got shot with a arrow. "Hi Mrs. Everdeen, I need to ask you something... Katniss is in labor and I don't know what to do." He gets quiet for a good ten minutes as sweat rolls down my face and then he nods, his face pale. "Thank you." He hangs up and goes back to the end of the bed and looks down.

                    "Now, I'm going to check to see how far the baby's head is down." I nod and he does, it feels worse then when my mother did it and I want to kick him really hard in the face but I remember that's my loving husband, trying to help me birth our child. "Katniss, you're about six centimeters, which means the labor is going a tad quickly but, things will be fine if you don't stress out the baby because this is a high risked pregnancy." I nod and another contraction rips through my body and I scream once again.

                       Five hours later and Peeta has been on and off the phone with my mother, she said I couldn't move around at all because of the birth defects and what not, so right now I'm literally laying in a puddle of sweat. Peeta stayed by my side for at least twenty minutes, kissing my four head, moving the hair sticking to my skin, and rubbing my belly. It makes me angry yes, but it gives him closure so thats all that matters. He kisses my hand. "I'm going to see if you are ready to push Katniss." I nod and he sits down at the end of the bed and checks me once again. He nods and moves my legs more to the side and he nods. 'On the next contraction, push." Right on cue it hits and I push with a gasp of pain. Peeta rubs my knee.

                       "That was a really good push Katniss, come on push again." I do with a yelp and he kisses my knee. "That was awesome Katniss, come on you can do it." Lets fast forward a few hours later, I'm screaming horrible profanity at him, crying, screaming, and gripping the sheets. Peeta has sweat rolling down his four head and he looks into my eyes, his blue eyes showing fear. "You're crowning but you need to stop, the baby is getting stressed." I stop with unbearable pain coursing through my veins and I look into his eyes.

                   "I need to push Peeta, now." I say and he nods slightly and sits back down, looking down. "Push hard Katniss, with all of your might and everything will be over." I push screaming and gripping the bed sheets and then a huge relief goes through my body and I fall back onto the pillows. I hear nothing and Peeta gasps. "He's not breathing." I sit up quickly and grab the baby with him still covered in my blood and attached to my umbilical cord. I start rubbing his small chest, the first thing I think of and I do this for about ten minutes until I hear him start crying.

               A sigh of relief goes through me and I grin.  But it fades when I see him open his eyes. They are grey, like mine but glazed over with a white foggy look. His eyes don't look into mine like Willow did and Peeta comes over and I swallow, trying to stop the swelling in my throat because I am on the verge of tears. "He's blind Peeta."

                         Comment and Vote! Whover comments first gets a dedication!!!! Tell me what you think of the new baby :( And tell me what you thought of how Peeta delivered the baby!!!!!!!