Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five

KATNISS'S POV

I look at the beautiful children standing in front of me with pouted lips and tears rolling down their cheeks. The girl with dark curly hair speaks up.

"You are our mommy!" She grabs onto my leather jacket and presses her face against the cool leather. "I'm not-" "Yes you are! Your favorite color is green! You go hunting with Kaden every morning! You are really good at braiding my hair without pulling it! You and daddy always hold hands! You and daddy always kiss! Daddy sometimes makes you cry because he forgets that you love us! Mama you can't leave me, you're the only one who protects me from the monsters under my bed!" The little girl is sobbing hysterically into my leather jacket as the little boy starts wrapping his arms around my right leg and he starts sniffling.

"Please don't go mommy, please don't leave." My head starts pounding and it start seeing things from the rebellion I want to forget and is start gasping as the children are smothering me.

"Guys, why don't you go inside I'll talk to you in a minute." They let go reluctantly and walk away, holding onto their welcome home cards with scribbles of a happy family.

I'm shaking like a leaf, things in my mind don't fit together like a puzzle missing pieces. Peeta wraps his strong arms around me and I nestle my face into his chest.

"You're okay, it's okay Katniss." "Am I suppose to remember them Peeta?" He gets quiet and frowns. "You're just sick Katniss it'll be okay." Then I see ButterCup, fat and waddling and I smile.

"Peeta?" He nods kissing my lips gently. "Where's Prim? I want to say hi and how much I missed her." All the color drains from his face and his eyes well up with tears, putting a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Honey..." "What? Is Prim okay? Is she hurt? Or is she playing a joke on me?" His bottom lip trembles as he stutters. He swallows and keeps a firm grip on my shoulders. "Katniss... Prim died years ago."

That's when my whole world crumbles to pieces. I fall to my knees and burst into uncontrollable sobs. My Prim dead, for years? I swear I just saw her days ago! I know I saw her! She was holding onto ButterCup chatting to me about how she's so excited life will be okay now.

Peeta has a firm squeeze around my frail body as I scream in agony of loosing my Prim, the whispers in my head tell me it's my fault, I killed her, I did everything.

I get out of his grasp and look into his teary blue eyes. "I need to get away from here." And then before he can grab me I run as fast as I can, like a rabbit getting chased by it's predator with it in hot pursuit.

But me, the bunny sadly makes it to it's hill without making a sonic boom, with the predator following her, which my predator is myself.

PEETA'S POV

"But why doesn't she remember us daddy?" Willow asks as I have both of them on my lap with Johanna and Chip there watching and ready to make reassuring comments.

"Mommy's head got hurt again while we were gone by bad people and she didn't wake up for three days... Something in her head detached and we need to plug it back in."

"How long will it take?" Willow asks as Kaden sniffles, rubbing his face against one of Katniss's shirts that smell like her. "Not long, probably three months, maybe even shorter than that." Johanna coos as Chip nods with a smile.

Kaden throws her shirt to the ground screaming and crying, throwing his first tantrum. He pulls his contacts out viciously and throws them to the ground crying. "Kaden what are you doing!?!?!?" Johanna yelps as Chip goes and picks up his contacts and I hold on to a sobbing Willow.

"I don't want to see a world without knowing my mommy!" Then he lays there on the floor staring at the darkness of his blindness whimpering like a wounded animal.

That night I go and find Katniss sitting on her hill, with leather jacket wrapped closely around her. I see blood coming from one of her palms that has one of Prim's blue hair ribbons gripped inside of the wounded palm.

I sit down next to her and move her into my lap as she back sucks on her sobs like a little kid. I kiss the top of her dark glossy hair and I whisper a poem I wrote for her in her ear.

"And I will stay up through the night, elasticity won't close my eyes. And I know That I can survive. I walk through fire to save my life. And I want it I want my life so bad, and I'm doing everything I can, then another one bites the dust... It's hard to loose a chosen one."

She stays silent but keeps her face nestled into my chest and relaxes a little bit but then says something that shatters my heart. "I've lost everything I love."

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS CHAPTER AND HOW THE BOMBSHELL OF PRIMS DEATH AFFECTED KATNISS!!!! AND HOW KADEN TOOK LOOSING HIS MOTHER!!!!!!!! WHOEVER COMMENTS FIRST GETS A DEDICATION AS ALWAYS!!!!! :-)