Chapter Twenty Seven

Katniss's POV

I wake slowly on Peeta's chest where his hands are caressing the little bump I have from the baby. I look into his blue eyes and smile. "Good morning." I whisper as he kisses my lips.

"Good morning to you too." Then we hear a ruckus downstairs. I get up and walk downstairs, rubbing my eyes. When I see what has occurred my mouth drops. Willow has painted everywhere on the walls and Haymitch who fell asleep with his liquor.

Johanna is helping her laughing but then she turns around and sees my red face and she smirks. "Don't get mad at Willow, she is letting he creativity flow." Peeta is laughing and I'm just thinking about how long it'll take to get the paint off of everything... And Haymitch.

Willow who is covered in different colors of pain jumps on top of me and gets paint on me. "Hi mommy! Auntie Johanna and I made this just for you!" Johanna giggles and I kiss Willows red four head.

"Willow, daddy's going to take you upstairs and clean you off in the bathtub-" "No mommy I want you to do it." I sigh and then kiss Peeta's lips gently.

"Could you help clean this up please?" "Yeah, sure." I walk upstairs with Willow in my arms and I feel a little bit of pain in my back and I hiss. "Mommy, are you okay?" I look into her blue eyes and nod. "Mommy's backs just hurting that's all." I say and bring her into the bathroom upstairs.

I strip off all her paint covered clothes and look at her hair covered in paint, her arms, and her legs. She grins with a giggle. "Do I look pretty mommy?" I turn on the water and put my hand under it to make sure it won't be to hot. "You look like one of daddy's used paintbrushes." She laughs and Squirt comes hopping in with paint all over him and leaving bunny butt prints on my floor.

I scoop him up and set him in the water as help Willow in. I am massaging her hair to get the paint out of it and the once white suds turn multi colored. I sigh and pour water onto her hair. Then that pain in my back hits again worse this time and spreads all the way around my belly.

I moan which I didn't mean to do and Willow instantly watches me. "Mommy what's wrong?" I look down and see blood seeping through my pants and I let tears roll down my cheeks. I quickly smile and stand slowly. "Keep rinsing your hair." I say in a shaky voice as she holds onto Squirt. I almost fall down the stairs from the pain.

I stumble into the almost clean kitchen. Peeta turns around and smiles but then it drops when he sees my pants. "I'm miscarrying." That's all I say before they have me on the couch as I cry out in pain. It's horribly painful and a woman who is now the healer here in Twelve rushes in and puts a cool cloth on my four head. "Relax, I'm going to see how far you are into miscarrying and maybe we can save the baby."

Right when she checks me the pain is unbearable and I scream loudly, so loudly that Haymitch wakes from his slumber, falling from his chair. She looks at Peeta and shakes her head. "Katniss... There's nothing I can do but give you morphling and pills so the embryo will dissolve... I'm so sorry." She goes to stand but I take her hand that has my blood all over it.

"It's gone?" She nods. "Its over Katniss." All my happiness leaves from my body and I just burst into tears and Peeta holds me and cries as well. I killed our baby.

COMMENT AND VOTE! WHOEVER COMMENTS FIRST GETS THE DEDICATION!!!!! And I know you guys will be Pissed with me sorry :(