Chapter Five

Katniss's POV

              Watching this child sleep in my arms as I wait for the Captiol nurses to come pick it up. Peeta walks over to me as I stroke it's soft cheek. He kisses my four head and I look up at him. "They'll be here soon." "I know... I wonder why he was left there." Peeta puts a hand over mine. "Sometimes people aren't ready to be parents and then they do something irrational... It doesn't give them a excuse."

                    Then a knock comes to the door and I walk over to it and open it. The nurses are smiling when they see the newborn. "Thank you for calling us." I hand them the child and they walk away from our house. Later that night after Peeta and I tuckered ourselves and Fin out we lay together in our bed and just watch each other. "Katniss?" I look up at him.

                "Yeah Peeta?" "I think we should have kids." I swallow. "Why Peeta?" "Katniss, when you are around kids you don't have flash backs, you haven't had a nightmare for a while, and heck I haven't even had a attack." He kisses my lips and I close my eyes and grab at his shirt. "Peeta." I whisper against his lips and he looks at me with his eyes gleaming with tears. "Please Katniss... We need something good to happen." I rip off his shirt and press myself to him and let go to Peeta.

                                                                          ++++++++

------------------------------------------_______________________------------------------------------------

                      The next morning I look at his sleeping face and swallow. I wonder if I made a mistake last night. I kiss his four head and he opens his eyes and smiles, running his hand down my bare arm. "Hey." He whispers and I smile. "Hi." I whisper back and he takes my hand. "Are you okay?"  "Just thinking that's all." I say and he smiles, kissing my scrunched four head. "I love seeing you think." "Why?" I mumble, a tad to crankily. He giggles.

                "Because when your four head scrunches up like that it drives me insane, makes you look really sexy." I giggle and he smiles. "Do you remember when we were in the train and I asked you what your favorite color was?" I nod and he giggles. "Can I ask you something?" I nod and he pulls out a ring. "Will you marry me?" I smile with tears now rolling down my cheeks and I kiss him. When I break away I look up at him.