Chapter Six

Peeta kisses my neck slowly as I moan with pleasure at the feel of his lips. "M-more Peeta, please." I gasp as my arms wrap around his neck, pulling our bodies closer.

"Katniss..." Then someone opens the door to our bedroom. "Hello Katniss-" we break away to see Effie and Haymitch. "Good heavens! Is this how you welcome your guests?" Haymitch giggles. "They've been making porno's all month." He hiccups and I glare.

"We're trying for a baby." Effie grins. "Oh Katniss! This is wonderful!" She hugs us both and looks at me. "Have you had any mornings where you have gotten sick?" I nod, remembering all last week I got sick.

She hands me a stick and I frown. "It's a pregnancy test." "What do I do with it?" I whisper and she giggles. "Pee on it." I take it into the bathroom. I try the test and I sit there and wait. A beep goes off and I look down to see a plus sign.

"Pregnant." I lift my shirt and put my hands on my flat belly. Tears of joy down my cheeks and I grin. "Oh my god." I whimper and touch my tears and put a few on my belly. "Those are happy tears, and mommy is so excited." I whisper and Peeta opens the door. "I'm pregnant." He grins and hugs me close. He kisses my lips and laughs.

"We did it." He puts his hands on my belly. "It's right in there." Tears of joy roll down both of our cheeks and he hugs me close to his body. I hear someone blow their nose and I see Effie with tears rolling down her cheeks while Haymitch is drinking his booze.

"Oh, you two indeed deserve a baby! I'm so happy for you two!" She says and hugs us both on the bathroom floor. Later I go out in the woods to gather some Katniss roots and then Peeta walks over to me after sitting up in a tree and doodling.

"Effie says that she is planning our wedding to be next week." I nod with a smile. He puts his hands on my flat belly. "Are you excited?" I nod with a smile. "I am ecstatic." I turn and plant a kiss on his lips. "Because I am marrying the man of my dreams and having his beautiful baby." He giggles and kisses me again.

On the day of the wedding my mother, Effie, Flavius, Vena, and Octavis are helping me get ready. As my mother is making my hair fall in dark curls Flavius is putting gloss on my lips. After they are done Effie grins. "Lovely! Just beautiful!" She kisses my cheeks and I smile.

"Thank you Effie... Thank you for finding this dress from Cinna." I let a tear roll down my cheek and she brushes it away. "No tears! You'll ruin y-your makeup!" Her tears are making her mascara run and I giggle. I look at my mother who is going to walk me down the isle.

We are not in a good place but she hugs me and kisses my cheek. "You are going to make a great wife." Then she puts her hand on my belly. "And a great mother." I smile. "Thanks mom." Then she takes my arm and someone opens the door to the cement house.

I walk down the path of falling leaves where I see Peeta with the man that'll wed us. Peeta is wearing a black tux and his mouth drops when he sees me. I grin and when my mother hands me over, I grip my bunch of primroses and Peeta smiles, picking a yellow leaf from my hair. After we say our vows the man nods.

"Peeta, you may kiss your bride." He smiles and puts his hands on my belly and leans in and kisses my lips. I smile through the kiss, the first second of being Mrs. Mellark. "Wait!" We break away and we both turn to see Gale Hawthorne with his game bag over his shoulder with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Catnip... I came back, and I'm so sorry." I go to say something but he stops me. "It's okay I'm going to leave." He sets down a gift and walks up to me and gives me a letter. He kisses my cheek and looks at Peeta.

"You're very lucky to have her... She'll be good to you I promise." He leaves, whistling the hanging tree stanzas... I look down at the letter and read it.

No I haven't been kissing another pair of lips in two... I've been thinking about your lips, I've been thinking about us... Just us. So I guess I'll be the man hanging in the tree, waiting for you to come and hang here with me.

I'm sorry,

Gale Hawthorne

I look up and he's gone and I look at everyone who is watching. Their mouthes open wide as the wind blows the leaves around and I swallow. I kiss Peeta's cheek and smile. "Lets get to the cake!" I say and everyone laughs. Peeta takes me hand and I look where Gale walked away and wonder if I'll ever see him again.

COMMENT AND VOTE! TELL ME WHAG YOU THOUGHT OF IT! :)