Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

--ONE YEAR LATER--

I wake to Peeta running his fingers down my back and I put my head under my pillow. "It's too early." I groan and he kisses my shoulder.

"It's your daughters seventh birthday." I take in a huff of air. "It can wait a few moments now can't it?" He giggles, moving my dark long hair from my back.

"Well she has a party today and you invited a lot of people so I would guess you'd be getting up." Then I hear Kaden crying in his room to be changed.

He is finally starting to sleep in his own room which gives Peeta and I some alone time. I turn over and kiss his lips gently and he smiles. I see some scruff forming on his chin as he grins, his blue eyes shining. He has matured a lot, his voice got deeper and his eyes are now a different shade of blue... I just got a lot more tired from running around with two kids all day.

I stand and stretch, putting on one of my long sleeved shirts and walking into Kaden's room. There he is, in his diaper and little shirt. He turns to the door when he hears me giggle. His face lights up and starts groping for me. I scoop him up in my arms and kiss his chubby cheek.

I walk him over to the changing table as the morning light bathes my face. After I change his soiled diaper I kiss his hands with a smile. "How are you my chubby munchkin?" He grins and starts moving his legs around frantically. I chuckle and then put him against my hip. "Let's go wake up your sister." I say quietly as walk into Willow's purple room.

I see her asleep in her bed with Squirt in he arms, nuzzled against her chest. I lean down and kiss her four head, moving some hair from her eyes.

"Happy birthday baby girl." She turns and opens her eyes slowly with a smile. "Hi mommy." "You ready to have your party? Everyone at your old school is going to be here and a lot of mommy and daddy's friends are too." She jumps from her bed and kisses Kaden's cheek.

"I'm going to dress into my best dress!" Then she runs into he closet an closes the door shut. "I'm hoping you'll be down for breakfast?" "I will mama don't get to lonely without me!" I giggle and walk downstairs to see Peeta quickly putting the finishing touches on Willow cake.

I set Kaden in his high chair and walk over to see a pink ribbon wrapped around the cake with it a light blue with puffy clouds spelling happy birthday Willow. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder.

"That's beautiful Peeta." I whisper kissing the crook of his neck and he chuckles. "Thank you Katniss." As I am very comfortable leaning against him a knock from the door comes. I open it to see Delly with a big pink box with a bow wrapped around it.

"Katniss! You look gorgeous!" She says hugging me and kissing my cheeks. "Thank you Delly, I don't feel it but I'm defiantly busy." "I can't believe I haven't seen Kaden or Willow before, I bet you thy are beautiful." Willow runs down the stairs with her dark hair flowing behind her with her orange sundress flowing with her.

She is about to say something but then she sees Delly and she gasps, hiding behind me. "Oh Katniss, she's so beautiful." I smile and run my fingers through her dark hair. "Willow say hi to Delly, she was one of daddy's best friends." She quietly walks from behind me and looks at the ground.

"Hi Delly." She murmurs. Delly smiles, putting the pink box against her hip."Hi Willow, you look very pretty today." "Thank you." She looks at the pink box and all of her shyness melts away.

"Is that for me?" Delly nods setting it on the ground and she grins. "It looks really big." She looks up at me. "Can I open it mama?" I shake my head."You gotta wait until the party." She sighs but grabs Delly's hand.