Chapter Fifty Three

Chapter Fifty Three

The kids are back to normal very quickly after they get home but Peeta and I want to take them away from district Twelve and somewhere fun, so Peeta, Gale, Johanna, I and the kids are going to District Four to let the kids relax and hang out with Fin and play in the ocean. We are packing up and Willow grabs her teddy bear and sets it in her suit case.

She looks up with her blue eyes beaming. "Mommy?" "Yes Willow?" She grins at me. "Am I pretty." I chuckle, looking down at the clothing I'm folding. "You're beautiful littler duck." She starts rubbing her eyes. "Mommy can I take a nap?" I look at the dark circles under her eyes and nod slowly. "Yeah of course, give me a hug." She walks into my arms and I kiss her four head. "I love you." I mumble.

"I love you too." She walks out of my room and goes into hers. I sit on the bed and fold some of Peeta's boxers and then searing pain seeps through my thoughts and I gasp, dropping his boxers and putting both of my hands over my face as it contorts into a grimace. Then all of the sudden my vision blurs and I start hyperventilating.

"No please, I-I can't loose my vision." I whisper to myself as I focus on keeping my vision. Then everything starts fading into darkness and I start gasping. "No... No no no no no!" I yelp. I hear Peeta's steps running up the stairs quickly and he opens the door to our room. "Katniss!" He pulls me quickly into his lap as I gasp and he quickly pries my hands from my face, tilts my head back as I cry out quickly at the quick movement. Then he makes my eyelids stay open.

"Peeta stop!" Then something warm and wet go into my eyes and then they burn like they are on fire. I scream with tears burning in my eyes and then my vision slowly comes back but my pounding head ache remains and then I quietly sob into Peeta's chest. He holds me like a child, whispering sweet nothings into my ear as I look up at the ceiling with my bottom lip trembling.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod a little and he kisses my sweaty temple. "We need to get you more meds for your headaches." "Peeta, I think I might go blind before to long." "Don't talk like that honey." "Peeta we got to think realistically, I've had these attacks all week... By probably the end of the month I'll be blind, I'll need contacts like Kaden and even then it takes the doctors months to make them." He kisses my lips.

"Blind, deaf, sick, or dying Katniss I will always love you." I smile and kiss his jaw. Then we hear Willow crying in her room, she wails and back sucks like me. I sit up slowly and open the door slowly to see Kaden walking over to her as she stands there crying. He walks over to her. "Hey, what's wrong." "N-n-nightmare." She sobs and he opens his arms.

"Do you need a hug?" He walks over to her and wraps his arms around her. She back sucks and wraps her legs and arms tightly around him.

Peeta's arms wrap around my waist as I watch this act of love and protection between my children and Willow nestles her face into the crook of his neck, Kaden is a lot taller than her now even though he is only five. "Kaden?" "Yeah?" "Will you stay with me Kaden." He nods. "Always."

_________******+++++***______

DISTRICT FOUR

Peeta helps me off the train and I grip his bicep for leverage as my vision blurs once again with Kaden and Willow at our sides. Johanna and Annie and Gale are waiting for us as Fin holds his mothers hand. From what I can see Fin is looking so much like my old friend and his father Finnick Odair.

Annie and Fin huddle around us. "What's wrong with Katniss?" Annie asks and Peeta kisses my throbbing temple. "Katniss had a rough ride, her vision keeps going in and out during her migraines and she has a bad one right now so I think we should get her back to your house." Peeta says calmly and Fin puts his hand on Peeta's shoulder. "I can get aunt Katniss to the house, mom you can help with kids and Johanna and Gale help with the bags." Everyone nods and Fin grabs my arm.