Chapter Twenty Three

PEETA'S POV

I lay on the couch reading a book while Katniss sleeps on my chest with soft snores coming from her mouth. Willow is on the floor playing with her growing bunny.

It's been about a week sense the incident with her head and she is just sleeping for hours on end because of the migraines she gets. I kiss her lips softly as she stirs and she opens her grey eyes slowly but they shut quickly because of the light coming from the lamp I was using.

I turn it off quickly and she opens them slowly. "How's your head?" She swallows. "It hurts... I want to go hunting." I shake my head. "I'm not going to let you go." "Please Peeta? Pretty please?" I still refuse. "You're going to lay right here and lay on my chest." She huffs and lays her head back down on my chest.

"This isn't fun." I rub her back, setting down my book. "It isn't suppose to be fun... It's helping you heal." She sighs and Willow walks over to us and kisses Katniss's four head. "It's okay mommy, you'll get better soon... And the baby will get better too." Katniss smiles softly.

"Thank you." And then I sigh. "Come on Katniss lets make dinner." I scoop her up and onto her feet. She yawns and walks into the kitchen. Katniss stands cutting carrots for the stew but then she stops, looking off into the distance through the window with tears rolling down her cheeks, her bottom lip trembling.

I see the memories flashing through her mind and she covers her mouth and drops the knife, falling to her knees. She starts covering her ears, moaning. "I'm not a mutt... I'm not mutt." She whispers and I rush over to her and wrap my arms around her shaking form.

"Shhhh.... You aren't a mutt Katniss, you aren't I promise." I whisper and she shakes her head. "I-I am." Johanna walks in and kneels in front of her, looking into her darken eyes. She grips her wrists and pulls her hands away from her ears.

Katniss looks up at her and Johanna keeps staring into her eyes. "Relax... Calm down, it's just a flashback, they aren't real." Katniss nods and puts her hand to her four head, falling against Johanna's body moaning.

"Peeta get her medications." Willow rushes over as she stared in the corner. "Mommy!" Katniss grabs her hand and smiles. "I'm okay baby calm down." She whispers and I hand Johanna the pills. She puts them in Katniss's mouth and she swallows them. Katniss sighs and her eyes go back to normal.

I grab her and put her against my chest. "Oh my god Katniss, please don't do that again." She looks up at me and kisses my lips. "Can you tell me what the flashbacks were?" Katniss stands shakily and grabs onto the rail to go upstairs. "If like to keep that sadly to myself." Then she goes upstairs to our room and locks herself in.

KATNISS'S POV

I run my hands through my hair shakily with tears rolling down my face. "I don't want to see that ever again, I can't." Then the flashbacks come once again.

I see Peeta with his arms opened wide for me and I grin. We're in a open field of dandelions and then I run to him. Then his eyes turn dark, blood starts frothing from his mouth and he grins. I try to stop but my legs keep carrying me to him.

Then he disappears and I see the dandelions on fire and hear his agonized screams with Prims and Gales. "Katniss!" They all scream as the fires eats at my skin. "I'm coming guys!" Then I'm on fire, once again the girl on fire.

I run through the burning field and then fall into a hole in the ground. When I hit my back I see I'm in a torturing cell and see Peeta, Gale, and Prim strapped into a chair as the venom are coursing through their bodies.

They start screaming in pain and I try to help them but I notice President Snow is holding onto my arms and I can't move. "PRIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream and Gale starts screaming, then Peeta. After a while they stop and I look up.

I see their eyes dark and their teeth sharp. They come slithering to me and President Snow holds me as blood from his mouth drips onto my shoulder. "Mutt." They all whisper and keep whispering the words, that then turn into screams. "I'm not a mutt!" I scream back over and over again.

Then I am in another area and I see Cinna gasping in a pool of blood. I rush over to him and put my hand on his chest. "Cinna!" He grips my hand as blood comes out of his mouth and tears roll down my cheeks. "Oh my god." I whisper and kiss his four head.

He squeezes my hand and gives me a bloody grin. "Your son... Is going to be beautiful." I laugh as tears roll down my cheeks, hearing his voice again makes my heart ache. "I don't have a son Cinna." He giggles and plants a bloody kiss on my hand. "You are so strong... I'm still betting on you girl on fire."

Then he takes his last breath and I lay my head on his chest. "Cinna." I whisper and then hear the screaming of the mutts calling me one of them. "I'm not a mutt." I whisper crying. And then I hear a calming voice.

"You're not a mutt Katniss." Then I see Peeta in a white shirt and pants standing in the corner. I stand shakily and walk over to him. He wraps his arms around me and I disappear in the light. Then I wake to see Peeta holding me once again to his chest whispering those words in my ear. "You aren't a mutt." Then what am I?

COMMENT AND VOTE! FIRST TO COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!!!!!!