Chapter Fourteen

Katniss's POV

             "Get her on the table!" My mother says quickly and Gale sets the girl down. Mom puts her hand on her chest and shakes her head. "She's not going to make it." Gale swallows and I look up at him. "Who did this to her?" Then I smell liquor on his breath and see the crazed look in his eyes. "I-I did it." Peeta's mouth drops and I look up at him. "Why did you do this to her?" "Because I'm angry, I'm drunk, you and Peeta are not the only ones broken." "But that doesn't give you an excuse... Like I didn't have an excuse trying to abort my baby."

                 I put his hand on my swollen stomach. "That's life Gale, a life that still has a chance... I maybe scared to death that I won't be a good mother and that it won't live through life... But you have to take that chance. That girl still has a life." He nods and he bursts into tears. I hold him close to me and my mother looks up at us and shakes her head.

               "She's gone." I let go of Gale and he swallows. "I'm a murderer."  "No Gale-" He looks at the girl he just killed and looks at me. "I'm going back to District Two." He runs out of the house and we look at the girl. "What was her name? What was her story? What was her life?" Peeta and I decide to burry her in the meadow with everyone else. Gale isn't a murderer, it wasn't his fault... I know that. Gale is broken, lost, and hurt... Do I still love him? I'll never know. But tonight Peeta's holding me as I cry, because I'm a murderer as well... I killed a whole District.

Peeta's POV

            Katniss is now miserably pregnant... Can't move out of bed and Haymitch is making fun of her as I hear. "Katniss, is this your bow? Look at me I'm Katniss shooting poor animals with my braid flowing in the wind!" "SHUT UP HAYMITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She screeches and I hear a book being thrown. "Ow sweetheart! I'm just messing with you! God you're cranky." "Haymitch don't stress her out, we don't want her water breaking with stress!" I scream up the stairs and he comes down with his hair braided and with her bow.

                         "I was trying to make her laugh." I shrug as I make her some cheesy buns. Then someone bursts through the door. "I'm here! Where is she?" Haymitch and I turn to see Effie Trinket and her pink hair, with her over the top dress. Haymitch starts laughing. "OH SWEETHEART!!!!! EFFIE'S HERE!!!!!" I hear Katniss get out of bed and she waddles down the stairs quickly.

                  "Haymitch I'm going to kill you and-" She looks up and sees Effie as she grabs Haymitch's braid. She puts on a plastic grin. "Oh Effie! It's so nice to see you." She says and lets go of his braid. She goes to waddle over but she gasps and then a splash rings through the room and she yelps. Her mother flies down the stairs and we all look at her as she holds her stomach, with her dark hair in her face. "My water broke."

    COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL ME WHAT UR FAVORITE PART WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT GETS A CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!