Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two

Peeta's POV

I sit at the dinning table in our pent house with the kids eating dinner that is a mixture of peas, soup, and some kind of meat.

Katniss is not joining us for dinner, her head was bothering her and she went to bed early. Just being back in here is hard for all of us. Annie and Caspian are chatting as they sit on the couch. He is a polar opposite of Finnick but looks almost exactly like him.

He pushes up his thick brimmed glasses as he laughs at one of Annie's stories. "Daddy?" I turn and look at Kaden who is playing with his fork. "Yeah Buddy?" "Is mama gonna be okay?" I nod with a smile, taking his tiny hand. "She will." Then all of the sudden I hear screaming coming from Katniss's room instantly I get up and Willow and Kaden with Caspian try following.

"What's wrong with mommy?" I go to enter the key code on the touch screen and I look at Caspian who's chest is heaving with fear. "Can I help?" I look at the kids. "Keep them with you and Annie, I don't know what's happening yet." He takes the kids out if the pent house, talking about going up and down the elevator which they agreed jubilantly.

The door slides open and I see Katniss crying into her hands, her hair a curly mess, her face covered in sweat. I get into the soft plush bed and wrap my arms around her shaking body.

"Shh, it's okay, it's over." She has her hand over her eyes like she doesn't want to see what's hiding in the darkness around us. I sit there for about a hour holding her as she cries into my chest and then she says one thing that breaks my heart.

"I'm a monster, I killed your family, I shouldn't be the mother of your children." I lift her chin so she is looking into my eyes. "No Katniss, you didn't do anything and you are the love of my life and I'm so glad you are my wife and the mother of my children." She looks up at me and kisses my lips gently where I taste her salty tears.

After a moment when she breaks away I look into her grey eyes with a small smile. "Everything is going to be okay." The door opens and we see Caspian with Willow and Kaden. Kaden and Willow run and jump into the bed wrapping their arms around Katniss where she nestles her face into the crook of Kaden's neck as Willow has her head against her chest.

Caspian looks at me and smiles. "Everything will be okay Katniss and Peeta." Then he shuts the door and I hear his footsteps leading to where we hear the muffled voice of Annie then it stops. I get out of the bed and peek my head out and see his large tan hands cradling her creamy cheeks with her red hair feathering over his hands.

Her hands are on his chest and this is the first time I've ever seen Annie so happy. When they break away she grins, her green eyes shining with happiness and then leans back in.

I look at Katniss who is holding onto our children like they are her lifeline and I wonder how at the same time there could be two different feelings going on at the same time.

_________💞💞💞💞_________

Katniss's POV

Today Willow and Kaden leave and I am scared to death for them to leave because I don't know how Effie will handle them by herself.

I hug them both, squeezing them maybe a tad to tightly as their little giggles are telling me. "You be good for auntie Effie okay?" "Okay mommy." They both say as their faces are nestled into my chest.

I look up at Effie as my braid tickles Kaden's nose, her purple puffy hair shining in the light of the sun. "Make sure they will be okay." She nods with a smile. "I will Katniss don't worry, just have fun and relax with your friends." I let go of my children and hug her closely to me.

"Thank you Effie." After they leave it is time for our documentary in the arena. Later we are walking up to a tunnel that says "Arena Entrance" Peeta grips my hand as I am in a pair of fitted slacks, boots, and a dress shirt that has no sleeves, showing off my scars.

Chip is beside Johanna who has a straight face and Annie is trembling into Caspian's side. Then when we get to the end of the tunnel it's like we rewinded back to the Quarter Quell. The camera man nods at Cesar Flickerman and he puts on a dazzling smile.

"We are here with the victors and survivors of the 75th Quarter Quell! And they will relive being in the arena!" He turns to us and he sees the panic in my eyes and I feel it rising in my chest as Peeta grips my hand, also panicked. "Katniss, how are you taking being in here?"

I look into Cesar's eyes and he sees I'm shaking. "It's like a nightmare that I'm reliving." He nods and then looks at Peeta. "And what about you Peeta?" "I'm just here to protect Katniss." Then later as we are walking the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and I take hold of Peeta's hand shakily.

"Something's about to happen." "Nothing is Katniss okay? It's shut down." I let go of his hand. "Fine, forget it." I storm in front of everyone and then I hear something I thought I would never hear again.

"Katniss! Katniss help me please help me!" "PRIM!!!!!!!" Then a dark cloud of Jabberjays come flying at me. I start sprinting, screaming for Cesar, Annie, Caspian, Johanna, Chip, and Peeta. Then I run right into the invisible force field that has sealed my fate.

They hear the bang of my body and then I start hearing Finnick, Gale, Rue, Wiress, then just innocent people. Then I hear something horrible. "Mommy! Mommy help me please! It hurts mommy help me!" Willow screams. "Mama! Mama! Mama save me!" Kaden sobs and I cover my ears screaming.

I see Peeta sitting in front of the force field screaming at me that it isn't real. Cesar is on some device talking quickly into it. Caspian is holding onto Annie who is screaming, Johanna is trying to strangle the camera man for covering it, and then a voice goes through the arena.

"We are going to kill the MockingJay." A male voice says and then I feel something pop inside my head and all my vision goes and my hearing. I feel blood running from my ears and my nose and I fall over, blacking out with one agonized scream.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!! WHOEVER COMMENTS FIRST GETS A DEDICATION!!!!!! I HAVE A KIK NOW IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET A HOLD OF ME AT MADDIEHOMOELLE1!!!!!!OR ITS MADDIEHOME IDK TRY BOTH LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!