Wait For The Opponent

If you follow me on Twitter (twerksforpizza) you'll know that Steph McCaffrey blocked me..... If you follow me on Instagram (twerkssforpizza) you can start to learn why.....

Anyway enjoy this chapter.

Your POV:

The team got together at our house to watch the semifinal. We'd either be facing Chicago or Seattle in the championship game.

"Noticeable players missing for Seattle, Jess Fishlock and Kelley O'Hara both suspended after the game against Houston just a few weeks ago. They will be available for the final, if Seattle wins tonight. Here you see a shot of Carson Pickett. Great younger player she is. Has had great seasons with Seattle from the minute they drafted her."

"Who do you want to play?" AJ asked.

"Whoever wins." I said.

"But it's either Grandma Kel, the fish person, and Aunt Carson or Aunt Christen, JJ, and Alyssa."

"I know bud." 

The game started. Seattle didn't look as strong in the opening minutes. Chicago dominated. 

"McCaffrey has Press and Huerta! McCaffrey crossing it in! PRESS! GOAL! Chicago takes a 1-0 thanks to their captain, Christen Press."

I clapped. "Yeah CP." 

"Yay aunt Press!" AJ clapped.

My phone started to ring. 

Kelley

I sighed. "Answer." Hope said. "Please just answer it." I looked back at my phone and got up to go outside.

"Hello?"

"Hey kid."

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to say great game. You played really great. FCKC didn't stand a chance." She laughed.

"Ok. That it?"

"I'm sorry." She said. "The locker room before the game was intense and everyone was pissed that we weren't in 1st place. Jess wanted to win the shield and she told me that I was getting beat by someone who isn't even my kid." 

"Are you done?"

"Y/N can you just let me talk. Damn you get more like your mother every day." I laughed. "I was just pissed cause I felt like I put my body on the line this whole season and got shit in return. There was no fight in this team. I don't know why I went after you like that. You said it yourself, tempers flared and some people let it turn them into babies."

"Maya and Elliot handle it better than you. And they're only 6 months."

"I know." She sighed. "I'm sorry. I saw you took O'Hara off of your jersey. Jess said it shouldn't probably me because you're not even my kid. You are my daughter though. Just like Maya."

"I know." I said.

"I love you kid."

"I love you too. I think I should be allowed to punch you."

"I would agree with that." She said. "Alright how's Morgan doing? Ankle good?"

"Yeah she's good. Thanks."

"I'll see you soon. In Orlando even as opponents or me just supporting my daughter."

"Ok." I said. "Bye." 

"Bye." She hung up.

I'm gonna punch her so hard.