No Longer Solo

Your POV:

"Ready?" I looked at Morgan. She nodded. Our NWSL season was over. We finished in 5th place, just out of the playoffs. Chicago and Boston played in the final, Chicago winning the whole thing.

Today, at the age of 29, Morgan would be announcing her retirement. She'd play one last season with Houston, then was done.

She came back an played a season after Colton, but missed being home with them.

Randy and all the staff said they had to talk to me which is another reason I was going with her.

AJ and Colton, who are now 7 and 1, were staying with Lauren who was in town visiting.

We got to BBVA and Morgan went to the press conference while I went to a meeting.

"You're contract ends this next season." Randy started. "But we've been offered 3, first round draft picks in exchange for you."

"I'm not saying we WANT to trade you. But you're contract ends next season, we have a chance to get some great talent this draft, it's a great opportunity for the club to tak-"

"I'll do it." I said.

"What?"

"Trade me." I stood up. "I'm in."

He stood up and looked at the rest of the staff. "Y/N I think you should think this through-"

"You think it's a good opportunity for the club. I think it's a good opportunity for me." I said. "You'll call my agent?" They nodded. "Good." I walked out. "Great meeting!"

Morgan's press conference wrapped up. "What was the meeting about?" She asked when we were in the car."

"Can't really discuss it yet." I said turning onto our street. We walked into the house. Lauren sat on the couch with the boys.

"We're back." Morgan said. AJ looked at us.

"Hey mama." He said.

Cheney got up and walked towards me. "How were they?"

"Little angels." She said.

"Seriously?"

"AJ was sassy. Colton was the angel." She laughed. "How was the meeting?"

"Good."

"Cheney said she'll come to my game tomorrow." AJ said.

"That's awesome." I said. "Gotta score a goal now."

"I always score goals mom. Come on." He got up and went to the kitchen. Her shortened mommy to just mom now. He said "I'm a man. Soon I'll call you Y/N."

The next day we went to his game. He scored twice.

"Just like you." Lauren said.

"I think Morgan influenced him. He's wearing #12." Lauren laughed.

"She wears #6. 12 is a multiple of 6.."

I looked at her. "Is that why you two were so close?"

She laughed again. "Maybe." She said.

Lauren went back home and we continued our lives as parents. AJ was in school. Colton was adorable.

My agent finally called. "You should think this through before you sign anything." He said. "Houston's your home." I looked at Morgan who was feeding Colton.

"My family is my home." I said. "Look they made it clear that they want to take it. If they agree to it, my opinion doesn't matter. They want to take this opportunity, let them."