Get That

Your POV:

We jumped around on the field and then got our t-shirts.

Houston Dash 2020 NWSL Champions.

I liked the sound of that.

Finally we were getting our medals. 

The team told Morgan to stay back to lift the trophy since she is the captain. 

"No. You guys carried this team on your back. You two lift the trophy." She said to me and Kealia.

"You're our captain." Kealia said. "You have to lift it."

"Just cause I have the title of the captain doesn't mean anything. You guys are the true captains of this team. Lift the damn trophy." She said. 

One by one we got our medals. Me and Kealia stayed at the back of the line. 

"#7 Kealia Ohai!" She walked up to get her medal and waved to the crowd. "#10 Y/N Solo-O'Hara!" I walked up and shook hands with the commissioner. I got my medal and was handed the trophy.

"OHHHHHH THERE IT IS!" Cari yelled. I laughed and walked over to Kealia.

"Ready?"

"On 3?" I nodded. "Girls?" 

"1! 2! 3!" The team chanted. On 3 we lifted the trophy.

Confetti sprayed over the field as we held the trophy. I passed it back to Lydia and we took pictures. 

I walked around the field and applauded the fans in the stadium. "Hey." I turned around.

"What?"

"I wanted to apologize." Jess said. "Soccer is supposed to be a game about respect. I know I haven't been the best player, or person at all. Especially when we played you. You're a great player with a bright future ahead of you. I'm leaving the NWSL and playing overseas. It's been great playing against you this season." She put her hand out. 

I shook her hand. 

"Congratulations on the championship, the marriage, everything. Hell of a season. You're world class on and off the pitch. Sorry for everything." 

"Thanks." I said. "Appreciate it." I nodded.

"Mommy mommy!" AJ ran over. "What does she want!" He looked at Jess.

"It's alright we were talking."

"Square up!" He said. "Wanna fight me fam?" He looked at me. "Is that right?"

"Honey I told you to drop it." Morgan walked over and picked him up. "Sorry about him." She said. 

A small toy block flew and hit Jess in the face. "Ow." She said. "What the hell?" Jess walked away. 

"SAMMY DID YOU SEE THAT?! IT WORKED!" AJ wiggled out of Morgan's arms and went to find Sam.

"I don't even want to know." I laughed. 

"So now what?"

"Now I become Y/N Brian." I said hugging Morgan. I rested my head on her shoulder. "If that's fine with you."

"As long as we're together forever I don't care what you do."

"Cool so I can get a pet llama?"

"No. We already have an AJ." She said. We walked back to the team.

"Mommy we're going to Disney World tomorrow!" I picked him up. 

"We are?"

"Yeah it was supposed to be a birthday present but we can celebrate you two winning if you want."

"Nah tomorrow is all about you buddy."

"Now it's about US!" He said. "Fight on this I dare you." He held up the toy block.

"Whatever you want kiddo." I put him on his shoulders.

No one's POV:

"What an end to the season. The Houston Dash winners of the NWSL shield and your NEW NWSL champions. Thank you guys for another season! NWSL 2021 in April but we will see you in December as the USWNT faces off against Brazil."

The small family walked around and celebrated their win. AJ threw blocks at anyone who bothered him, and Morgan tried to stop him.