Before It Ends

Your POV:

Rafael is cool. He hasn't pushed me to call him dad, and I don't think I ever will.

He isn't even trying to be a father. He acts like a child, like me.

Maybe that's where I get it from. Hope's been filling him in on my life since she adopted him.

And today he was gonna come get out what a Houston Dash preseason looks like. 

"Have you been with anyone else since her?" I said. We never referred to her as "mom" cause she wasn't a mother.

"Yeah." He nodded. "1 woman. Beautiful, sweet. Loved football, total package." I laughed. "We were engaged."

"What happened?"

"She passed away."

"I'm sorry." 

He smiled and grabbed my hand. "I lost her but when I saw you on tv. That was it for me. I thought my life can end at any moment. I want to meet this girl before my time is up."

"Well I'm happy we did. I didn't want to at first, but I'm happy I did." 

"Morgan says you two have a son together?"

"Yeah." I pulled into the parking lot. "AJ he's living with Hope's wife, Kelley. When Morgan left everything just went wrong. We all thought it'd be best for him to go there. He's coming back next week."

"Can I meet him?"

"Sure. Heads up though. If he says something that offends you, I apologize in advance." I got out of the car and grabbed my gear. 

"What position you play?" He asked walking into the training facility. 

"Forward. Sometimes midfield but that's very rare." I said. "You can go out to the field if you want. I'll be right out." 

I went and got ready for training. Me and Kealia walked out to the field. Rafael was juggling with Rachel.

"Who's that?" Kealia asked.

"That is Rafael. My birth father." I said. We walked out. "I see you met Rachel."

"He's badass." Rachel said. 

Rafael laughed. "This is Kealia." 

"Nice to meet you." She shook his head. 

"ALRIGHT! Warm up time! Let's go!" Randy said. "I see we have a guest." He said. "Who's this?"

"Rafael Santos." He said. "I'm Y/N's birth father."

"Brazilian?" Andressa asked me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well Rafael. Welcome to training. You play?"

"Little bit."

"Feel free to join in or help us out today." Randy said. "Alright lets go!"