The Best

"I'm gonna be the best footballer ever!"

"Ok Y/N." My current mother said. "Do good in school first."

"I'm trying. The kids are mean to me though. They keep calling me an orphan." I looked down.

"Look at me child." I looked at her. "You are an orphan. That's something you will always be known as, even when you become the best footballer ever. They're mean to you, ignore them. They don't know what a kid like you has to go through."

"What if I can't ignore them?"

"Y/N," She patted the seat next to her. "You want to be the best?" I nodded. "Even the best have people who are mean to them."

"MISS IT YOU FOOL!"

"YOU'LL NEVER BE A LEGEND LIKE YOUR MOTHER!"

"But if you let it take you down, are you truly the best?"

No one's POV:

"Brian is sat up now on the pitch after that nasty collision with Hinkle. She appears to be taking to trainers."

"Checking for a concussion most likely."

"She doesn't look dazed though. She's got that look in her eyes, that spark. Nothing stops this kid."

Your POV:

"I think it's time you came out of the game." The trainer said. "Hit your head pretty hard."

"I'm fine." I said. "K, help me up." Kealia walked over and helped me up. "Thanks."

"Look Y/N. I know you wanna win this thing and play this game, but is risking your health worth it?"

"I feel fine." I said. "I'm up. I'm moving. I am fine. Let me play."

"You have to go off the field." The ref said.

We walked off the field. "Are you 100% sure you're fine?" The trainer asked.

"Yes."

"If you aren't you need to come out."

"I know the drill." I said. They walked back over to the bench.

Kealia took the penalty and scored. It was tied again. The ref waved me back onto the field.

I took a deep breath. "If you let them take you down. You aren't the best."