Not On My Watch

Morgan's POV:

Both teams came out and warmed up, then headed back in the locker rooms. I held Colton. AJ was talking to Tobin about who knows what. Some of the team came out. Sydney and Dom were here. So was little Cassius.

"Welcome to Children's Mercy Park for the 2021 NWSL Championship, featuring the Houston Dash and Western New York Flash." The fans screamed.

"That's where mommy and daddy play." Cassius pointed to the field.

"My son is a genius!" Sydney said.

"Can he score goals?" I asked.

"We haven't worked on that yet."

"Mine can." I smirked. "My sons a footballer!"

"See?" Dom said. "I told you. As soon as he starts walking he needs to kick a ball."

"My first goal? Yeah it was against aunt Ash." AJ smiled.

"Really?" Cassius said. "But she's scary?"

"I know." They sat and continued to talk.

"Please welcome to the field, the Houston Dash and Western New York Flash!" The fans screamed.

Your POV:

"Alright let's go!" Rachel said. I led the team out onto the field. We lined up.

When Hinkle was announced, they booed. That's why you don't dive in the box and end up winning the call.

Or show up to the wedding of ALL your gay teammates to try and convince them its wrong.

"And now for the Houston Dash!"

He started our lineup. "#24 Ellie Brush! #23 Cami Privett! #21 Sarah Gorden! #17 Andressa! #12 Amber Brooks! #9 Chioma Ubogagu! #5 Cari Rocarro! #3 Rachel Daly! #2 Poliana! In goal #18 Lydia Williams!" She got a loud scream from the fans.

"One of the best." I said.

She laughed and nudged my arm. "The captain for the Houston Dash, #10! Y/N Brian!" I waved to the fans.

Morgan's POV:

Lineups. Done.

Anthem. Done.

Game time? Let's go.

No one's POV:

"And the 2021 championship is underway at Children's Mercy Park here in Kansas City, Kansas. The Houston Dash are the favorites going into tonights match."

"No Kealia Ohai in the starting 11. Chioma Ubogagu takes her place again."

"They played 120+ minutes last game. While Ohai didn't start last match, she did play a fair amount of minutes for her first game back since going out with an injury."

"She'll be good for them coming off the bench. She scored the goal that sent that semi final to extra time, and eventually penalties as Y/N Brian gets the ball at midfield."

Morgan's POV:

She passed it back to Andressa and ran towards Hinkle. Hinkle looked at the assistant ref, back to Y/N and pushed her down.

Y/N looked up at her.

Your POV:

"Thats how you want to play?" I asked her. I got up. "Ok then. We'll play your way." The ref gave a free kick.

Andressa ran over to take it. "What's the play?"

"Give them hell." I said running towards the box.

She sent the ball in.

No one's POV:

"The ball in by Andressa. Header by Ubogagu! IT'S IN! Houston leads 1-0 in the 11th minute!"

"What a beautiful ball in by Andressa, no one marking Ubogagu and she gets her head on it and sents it past the keeper to give her team the lead."

"Western New York thought they had a chance to take advantage of this team without Ohai. Ubogagu looked them in the face and said not on my watch. 1-0!"