Deserve Something Nice

"We won the world cup!" Hope hugged Carli.

"We're world champions!!!" Morgan and Julie screamed.

"We finally did it!" Alex yelled.

"This is only the beginning of the great year we're gonna have." Christie added.

Hope ran over to see her husband. "We did it. We finally did it."

Even after winning the world cup. Achieving the goal she's had for years, she still felt something was missing. 

Soon she'd figure out what it was.

Your POV:

"Come on Cari!" Kealia yelled.

It was 1-0 right now. Williams put her PK away. 

Cari stepped up. Put hers away too.

I put my head down.

The Flash players started clapping. 2-1. "You're up rookie." I said to Casey. "You got this. Block the crowd out. You can do this." I said to her. She nodded to started the long walk.

No one's POV:

"It's the rookie now. Only her 4th appearance for Houston this season. No goals but does have a couple of assists. We see her captain, Y/N Brian giving her some words of encouragement. Here's the penalty."

"And she scores! What a great moment for the rookie! Keeps her team alive in this penalty shootout! The fans that traveled from Houston are celebrating and so is Casey as she jogs back to her team."

Your POV:

"I told you!" I said. She ran right to me and hugged me.

"That was the scariest moment of my life." She said. 

Kealia laughed. "You took it like a veteran. Good job."

"Way to go" I looked at her. "Casey." She smiled.

Sam scored her penalty. 3-2.

"I'm up." Kealia said. She walked up to the spot. 

"Come on K!" Cari yelled. Lydia turned away. She scored and it was level again.

The next Flash player stepped up. 

I looked down again. I felt Kealia's hand on my shoulder. 

I heard screaming and looked up. "Lydia saved it." Casey said.

"YES!" Cari yelled.

I let out the breath I was holding. 

"Here we go." I walked forward.

AJ's POV:

I watched my mommy walk alone to take the penalty. I grabbed Hope's hand. 

"I'm nervous." I said to her.

"I am too." 

"Come on mommy!"

She picked up the ball and hit it on her forehead and looked at the sky. Then set it down and stepped back.

Your POV:

The keeper jumped around. I looked down and kept my eyes on the ball. Lydia turned her back again. The stadium went quiet.

I had this team on my back again. 

"Y/N you hear the news?" My social worker said. She was driving me back from meeting with my tutor. 

"No." I said looking out the window.

"The US won the world cup. How'd you not hear that?"

"I was with my tutor working on my school work?" I said.

"If I talk with the adults, would you want to go to one of the victory tour matches?"

"They aren't coming here." I said.

"But we can always travel. Traveling isn't something new to you Y/N." She laughed. 

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe but."

"Think about it. I'll hint to them. You've been doing good with all your work. Programs good, soccers good. You deserve something nice for once." She said. 

"The nicest thing I want right now is a family." I said. "I'm 18 soon and I'll be on the streets."

She sighed. "We're trying. You know how hard it is for a teenager to get adopted. Especially one who's on their way OUT."

"Yeah I know. But it's always been hard for me to get adopted. Even was I was the age everyone wants." I opened the car door. "Thanks for offering to go to a game. I'll pass." I shut the door and walked into the house.

Your POV:

The ref blew his whistle. I kicked it and watched it fly to the upper right corner of the goal. The keeper jumped the same way.