Advice

Morgan's POV:

AJ walked away from me.

I really messed up.

I looked down. "I need to use the restroom." I said and walked inside. I went upstairs and went inside what use to be our bedroom.

I saw her ring on the bedside table.

She took it off. I sighed and played with mine.

"I haven't been here long but I know this isn't the restroom." I turned around.

"Rafael." I said. "I was just lookin-"

"You miss her." He said. "You messed up and now you are regretting it, but nothing seems to be enough."

"Pretty much."

"Leaving is a terrible thing." He said. "No reason could ever excuse it. The only thing you can do is show both of them, how much you love them and that you will never leave again."

"But what if I do?" I looked at him. "End up leaving."

"Then she takes the ring off and never puts it back on. And you'll never see her again." He walked over to me. "Morgan, I haven't known my daughter long. Luckily she's more like me than her mother." He smiled. "If she is as much like me as I think, she will never give up on you. She's in this for as for the long road ahead. So is AJ." He put his hand on my shoulder. "You need to show them that you are in it too. Or else they'll be the ones leaving." He walked away.

I looked back at her ring and down at mine.

I am in this for the long road.

Your POV:

"Kick it!" Kelley said. AJ kicked the ball and it hit her right in the stomach. "Oh my god!" She fell over.

"That was the best shot I've ever seen taken." Hope said with a serious face.

"Your wife just got murdered and your celebrating?" Kelley sat up.

"Hey." I said. "You wife didn't deserve that. Mine on the other hand."

"Y/N." Hope said. I laughed.

AJ froze and looked back at the house. I turned and saw Morgan. "Can I talk to you?" I looked back at AJ. The sadness in his eyes killed me.

"Fine." I got up. As I walked towards her, Rafael grabbed my arm.

"I know you're angry with her, but I also know that you are a forgiving person. And you love her. Love beats anger."

I nodded and walked into the house. "What?" I said.

"You took it off." She held my ring off. "Do you want a divorce?"

"Do you?"

"I didn't leave cause I want a divorce."

"Then why did you?" I said. "Why'd you walk out on us? I was it so easy for you to turn you back and walk away?"

"Because I'm terrified." She said. "Cheney told me I was ready for this but I'm not." She said. "Every time I see Elliot I see all of us sitting in the hospital waiting room. I see you breaking down on the floor in tears because your brother is fighting for his life." She started crying. "I saw him, I got overwhelmed. I got scared, that if something goes wrong and we lose this baby." She sat on the couch and cried into her hands.

I walked over to her and sat down. "I'm scared too Moe." I said. "I never want to have to go through that again. But life throws things at us that's gonna scare us and we won't have any time to prepare for it." She looked up at me. "Walking out though? Was that the best option?"

"No." She said. "I don't know why. I wanted to go out, get some air. A short walk turned into a car ride to the airport. Next thing I know I'm in Orlando crying to Ashlyn about how bad I messed up." She said. "That I lost you both forever."

"We're still here Moe." I grabbed her hand.

"AJ hates me."

"He doesn't hate you." I said. "He's hurt. He doesn't want to go to bed and wake up with you gone again."

"I'm in this." She said. "We got a long road ahead of us, and I am with you the whole way." She said. "I don't know how long it will take you both to forgive me and trust me again. But I will try everyday, even if it takes years. I love you both." She looked at my ring that was still in her hands. "Please put your ring back on."