Welcome Back Captain

I can't end this. Not right now I love it too much.

Who would be interested in a 4th? Or an AJ spin off? 

Your POV:

Home opener. 2022 NWSL season.

We got our rings. Morgan was back and on the bench.

Our home opener was against Washington. They took an early lead. 

The lead was kept the whole half. We went into the locker room. "I know we can play better football than that." Randy said. "Casey, you're going in." He said.

We went back out. Casey came in for Denise.

She made an impact right away and passed the ball up to me. I sent in the cross and Kealia finished. 

"Dash GOAL!" The fans screamed and banged on the drums. "Houston Dash goal scored in the 78th minute by #7! Kealia Ohai assisted by #10! Y/N Brian!" 

The game restarted. "That's a Dash goal by Ohai assisted by Brian in the 78th minute!" 

I was running down the field and got the ball. I passed it back to Casey and ran into the box.

When she sent it into the box, I jumped for the header. "Damn it." I grabbed my nose. I checked my hand.

There was blood on it.

The ref blew his whistle and I sighed. He pointed to the bench and I jogged over. Morgan was getting ready to go in.

They cleaned me up and I waited to go back in. Play stopped and I ran onto the field. Andressa ran towards the bench.

"Substitution for the Houston Dash. Leaving the match #17 Andressa! Replacing her. #6! Morgan Brian!!" She ran onto the field. I took off the captains armband and ran over to her.

"Welcome back captain." I said putting it on her.

We continued to attack. Washington defended well. 

"The 4th official has indicated that the referee will be adding 2 minutes of extra time."

Casey had the ball once again. She passed it to me. Kealia and Morgan were in the box.

No one's POV:

"Brian with the cross! And Brian with the header! Morgan Brian gets her first goal in a year and it's her wife, Y/N Brian with the assist!"

Morgan ran to you and jumped on you. 

"Dash GOAL!" Morgan jumped up and down. "Houston Dash goal scored in the 90th minute by #6! Morgan Brian! Assisted by #10! Y/N Brian!"

Morgan had a big smile on her face.

"That's a Dash goal by Brian assisted by Brian in the 90th minute!"

Then the final whistle was blown. It wasn't pretty but we started the season off with 3 points. 

"We now go live to the field with Y/N Brian. Y/N bit of a different game for you. No goals to start your season, but you did get 2 assists one of them for the game winner. How would you describe your night?"

"Perfect. We got 3 points and Morgan played. I assisted my wife's game winning goal. It doesn't get better than that." 

"The team goes on a 5 game road trip. What's the plan?"

"Win. Road games are never easy but we've got a good team and good coaching staff. But right now, we're gonna go enjoy this home opener win." 

Your POV:

I ran over to Morgan and hugged her. 

"You know how to make an entrance Mrs. Brian." I said. 

"You two are so gross." Cari said from behind us.

"That cross was world class." Casey said. "And that finish? The Brian's are unstoppable!"

"DASH ON!" Cari yelled.

"And you ruined it." Casey walked to the locker room.

"No longer a rookie and she thinks she owns the damn place."

We went back home and AJ hugged us both. "That was awesome!" He said. "Best game EVER! My moms are badass!"

"HEY!" I said. "It's true but HEY. Don't say that." I winked. 

He laughed. 

"Thank you for watching them."

"No problem at all." Rafael said. "Love seeing my grandkids." He smiled. 

"He said that when I'm older I can play for Brazil if I want! Isn't that cool?"

"That is cool."

"Cassius can play for Canada, England, the US." AJ said. "But I get Brazil."

"And the US." Morgan said.

"But our men's team is disrespectful trash. No thank you." He ran upstairs. 

"I'll walk you out." I said. We went outside. "Thanks again for watching them." I said. 

"It's no problem." He said. "I was thinking about getting a house here." He said. "I like spending time with the boys. I like seeing you and going to the games." He said. "And I'd be here to watch them if you needed."

"If that's what you want. Do it." I smiled. "It'd be nice having you around." 

"I'm proud of you." He said. "Such a beautiful young woman you are. And nothing like your mother thank god."

"I'm everything like my mother. I'm a Solo."