Let Us Down

Your POV:

There was about 10 to 15 minutes left. We were still up 2-0, but Seattle were beginning to attack more.

Carson sent in a cross that Lydia grabbed easily. I took the cotton out of my nose because it was bothering me. Plus my nose wasn't bleeding anymore.

Lydia gave the ball to Poliana who started the attack. She gave it Andressa and we all moved towards goal.

Rachel took the shot but Haley saved it. 

She started yet another attack for Seattle. One of the attackers was in the box. She went down, in front of Cari. 

The ref pointed to the spot and called Cari over, reaching into her pocket. Cari started arguing with the ref so I ran over. "Hey relax." I said to Cari. 

"That was nothing." Cari said. "I didn't even touch her!" 

"She tripped herself!" Rachel said walking over. The ref pulled the yellow card out. "That's bullshit. Why don't you stick that card up your ass!" Rachel threw her hand up and walked away. The ref blew her whistle and carded Rachel too.

"The ref has issued a yellow card caution to Houston Dash #5 Cari Roccaro and #3 Rachel Daly in the 83rd minute."

Kelley grabbed the ball to take the PK, but Jess ran over. "I got this. Step aside." Kelley backed up and shook her head. 

The whistle was blown and Jess took the PK. She shot to her left, the same way Lydia dove. It hit her hands and rolled away from goal. Ellie kicked it out for a throw in instead of a corner. 

We ran over to Lydia. "Thank god I thought I let the team down." Cari said.

"You could never let us down." I said. "We are a team. We win together, and lose together. Now lets close this out and win this thing!"

"Houston Dash substitution. Leaving the match #7 Kealia Ohai. Entering the match #13 Denise O'Sullivan!"

Kelley threw it in and Andressa took it, starting another attack for us.

No one's POV:

"O'Sullivan with the ball. Now Solo-O'Hara to Daly! Daly with the shot! Saved by Kopmeyer and out for a Houston corner! Solo-O'Hara over to take it but first Houston will make their final substitution."

"Houston Dash substitution. Leaving the match #3 Rachel Daly." She jogged to the 4 official as the crowd clapped for her. "Entering the match #11 Janine Beckie!"

"Now the corner from Solo-O'Hara. Into the box. Gorden with the header! GOAL!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GOAL BY SARAH GORDEN!!! Dash lead 3-0 with 4 minutes remaining!"

Your POV:

We all ran over and jumped on Sarah. "HOLY SHIT!" She yelled. "I DID THAT!" 

"Come on ladies!" Cari said. "Let's end this!" We ran to midfield.

4 minutes plus stoppage time.

We are gonna be champions.