Loan

Previously on No Longer Solo

"After Morgan's announcement I've thought long and hard about this. What's best for my career and my family. There were sleepless nights, lots of phone calls with my agents and Randy, discussing the best options for me, this team, my family."

Randy nodded.

"And that is why I have decided to play for"

Your POV:

"Houston." Everyone clapped. I smiled. "I need to be here for my family and while the offer from Manchester was very tempting. I needed to put my family first. I'm gonna be a mom again and I need to be here for that." I nodded.

"After the success of last season we knew we wanted Y/N here for as long as possible. We have her for another 2 years now. Hopefully there's more championships in those 2 years." Randy said.

We started to take questions.

"I have a question for Randy." He nodded. "The original deal was for 3 years, why is it now 2?"

"Well we talked a lot with Y/N and the staff over in Manchester. While we want Y/N here as long as possible, Manchester made it clear that they won't stop trying to sign here. We shortened it to 2 years and if after these 2 years, Y/N wants to play over in Manchester, she will have the chance. If not we are more than happy to keep her here."

"My question is for Y/N." I looked. "Do you ever see yourself playing over seas?"

"Yeah. I do it would be cool to learn how football is all over the world. Right now I'm focused on Houston."

"We have agreed though to loan her out." Randy said. "She'll be playing in Australia next offseason for Melbourne City FC. We look forward to seeing her grow even more as a player and wish her the best during the offseason. We wanted to do this offseason but it was last minute but they have agreed for next season, Y/N is on board and we're excited."

I nodded.

"Now that this news is out how are you feeling about the loan next year?"

"I mean I'm excited." I said. "Football in Australia has grown so much I'm really looking forward to learning from the players there."

"What players are you most excited about?"

"Um. You know like Steph Catley." I said laughing. "She's always been like a big name for me, loved watching her play." I grabbed the water bottle.

Steph signed with Melbourne for good.

We answered a few more questions before it wrapped up. We walked out to the parking lot.

"Y/N best of luck. Congratulations we'll see you back here in 2021." Randy said patting my back.

"Thank you."

I got in my car and started driving home. Everything is going great.

Now it's time for the finale with my band and Morgan's pregnancy.

Bring it on life.

I'm ready.

I hope.