Worried

~one hour later~
We have been in the hospital since one hour and Ezra and I are worried about Mia. The Doctor told us that she definitly has to stay for one night so we sit in her hospital room and wait for some news. It's only 5 a.m. but I can't think of getting any more sleep for today. Ezra looks at me and takes my hand.
"Hey. Everything will be alright. Mia is strong."
"I know but what if it is something serious?" Before Ezra has the chance to say something the Doctor walks into her room. We both jump up from Mia's bed and look at him.
"Your Mia's parents right?" We both nod and wait until the Doctor continues.
"So Mia is sick because she has to take her appendicitis out." Mia has to have a surgery because she has to take her appendicitis out. I am relieved that it isn't something more serious.
"When does she has her surgery?"
"A nurse will get here in one hour and she will give your daughter a medicine that makes her fall asleep and then we will perform her surgery." I nod and thank the Doctor before he walks out of her room.
"See I told you that it isn't something serious Aria."
"I know but I am still afraid of her."
"I am too but everthing will be alright." I nod before I snuggle against Ezra's chest.

~30 minutes later~
I lay with Mia in her hospital bed while Madeline lays on Ezra's chest.
"Momma? Is this going to hurt?" Mia asks me as a few tears run down her cheek. I embrace her with a hug and smile.
"No pumpkin this is not going to hurt and Mommy of Daddy are beside you to hold your hand until you are fast asleep." I say to Mia as I press a kiss on her head. A few seconds later a nurse knocks on the door carrying a tray in her hand. I know that she is here because she is going to insert her the cannula in her hand.
"How are you feeling Mia?" The nurse asks her as she puts the trayon the bed beside us.
"My stomach hurts and I am afraid." I look at Mia and a tear falls down my cheek. I hate to see my girl like this.
"Hi I am Susan and I will help to feel you better. I look for you the whole day and and I am extra gentle when I give you your medicine. You are a big girl right?"
"Yeah I am big and I have already a little sister."
"Wow. Then since you are such a big girl can you do something for me?"
"Yeah but I have an owie so I can't get out of bed."
"Do you see this picture behind your momma?" Mia's head turns around to take a look on the picture which is just a mass of colored dots. Ezra knows what will happen so he lays Madeline down and comes over to sit beside me and Holding Mia's hand.
"Well I really need to know how many yellow and how many green dots are on this picture but I can't see it because I have forgotten my glasses. You think you can do this for me Mia?" The nurse asks Mia with a bright smile on her lips.