Night for ourself

~20 minutes later~
We get out from the car and Ezra grabs Madeline's carseat while I grab my phone and my purse. I open the door and we walk into the house. As soon as we get inside I slip out from my jacket and Ezra gets Madeline from her carseat. She is so tired that she fell asleep on the way home and I am glad that she nursed before we left my parents house.
"I will get her into her room and then I will be back alright?"
"I will come with you." Ezra nods and I grab his hand as we walk upstairs together. He lays her down on her changing table and changes her into her pjama onsie. While Ezra does this I stroke her head so that Madeline dosen't wake up. When he is finished with her Ezra picks Madeline up and walks with her around the room for a few more seconds until he lays her down in her crib. Both, Ezra and I kiss Madeline's cheek and walk quietly back out from her room and into our bedroom. We change into our night clothes and then we walk into the bed where we lay down and snuggle for a bit. Even thought it is only 10 p.m. we are both so tired from this day.
"Ezra?"
"Mhh?"
"Is everything alright? The last two days you acted different?" Ezra smile and kisses my lips.
"No baby everything is alright." I nod and kiss his cheek. I know that something is with him but if he dosen't want to talk with me about this yet it is alright and I won't ask him. We talk for a few more minutes until we both get tired.
"Baby I am really tired and I have work tomorrow so I will sleep now. I love you."
"Alright. I love you too." Ezra turns around so that he is facing me and a few minutes later he is asleep. I watch him for a few more minutes until I stand up and get into the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. I drink it and walk into the livingroom where I collect some of Mia's toys and sit down on the sofa where I begin to read my book. I read as a few tears fall from my eyes. I know that Ezra is keeping something from me and it breaks my heart that I don't know what it is. I am his girlfriend and he knows that I am always here for him no matter with what stuff he is dealing in his live. When I get tired I lay my book down on the coffee table and walk upstairs. Just as I want to turn into Ezra and mine bedroom I hear crying from opposite our room so I know that Madeline is awake now and that she wants to nurse. When I walk into her room I pick Madeline up from her crib and sit down with her on the rocking chair. I talk  with her while she eats her dinner.
"You know pumpkin. Daddy is acting really strange and I have no idea why but I am sure that he will be his old self soon again." I smile and kiss her cheek. When Madeline is finished eating I pick her up and walk also back to bed again to get a few more hours of sleep.