Chapter 11

"Well, I think we should find a cab..." was the first thing Alaska said when they both stepped out of the small coffee shop and into the warm Manhattan air.

"Or maybe we could just walk for a while" Luke said, not wanting to part ways with her quite yet, Alaska shot him a puzzled look. "For paparazzi" Luke tried to reason himself. She just smiled and nodded, lacing her fingers with his.

"Boyfriend and girlfriend" Alaska said, noticing Luke's surprised gaze at their intertwined hands. Luke smiled at her and they started walking down the street together.

After a few minutes, Alaska noticed a man with a camera in his hand sitting at a bench outside a café. She suddenly turned to Luke, who was snapped out of his thoughts by what she whispered to him.

"Kiss me," She said.

"What?" Luke looked down at her, confused.

"Kiss me." Alaska repeated herself, letting go of Luke's hands and placing hers on his cheeks, pulling his face closer.

Luke swallowed hard as he placed his shaking hands around her waist; as he was leaning closer to her, a million thoughts came flying through his head. It was the first time they would kiss without being drunk. He knew they would have to kiss for the paps sometime, but this was just so sudden; he wasn't prepared for it.

But all his thoughts disappeared when her lips met his. It was a soft and sweet kiss; Luke could feel his insides melt as Alaska caressed his cheek with her thumb while placing her other hand on his chest. She felt his heart beat fast and smiled into the kiss as she heard the camera snap the pictures. Luke felt Alaska smile through the kiss and parted his lips slightly, allowing Alaska to catch his bottom lip in hers. She lingered only long enough to give him the chance to react with a small kiss of his own.

Luke wanted her so badly; he felt a strange knot on the pit of his stomach and he just couldn't let her go. He tightened his grip on her waist and pressed his lips harder against hers, Alaska's hand softly pushed against his chest, but he kept leaving small kisses on her lips.

"That's enough," she said between kisses, making Luke's eyes shot open.

"Oh, yeah, sorry" he said, scratching the back of his neck and looking down in embarrassment.

Alaska shook her head and quickly called a cab, wrapping her fingers around Luke's wrist and pulling him inside the car after her. As soon as they were both sitting down and Alaska had given the driver the name of Luke's hotel, she turned to him and smacked his shoulder.

"Hey!" Luke jumped, rubbing his arm.

"What the fuck was that?" Alaska asked him.

"What?" Luke shot her a confused look.

"That!" Alaska said, and Luke finally understood she was talking about the kiss.

"You told me to kiss you!" He told her, shocked.

"Yeah, like normal people do!" Alaska raised her voice, "couples give each other pecks on the lips, they don't make out in public!"

"Well, you caught me off guard!" Luke said.

"What?" Alaska looked at him in disbelief.

Luke tried to recompose himself, "I'm not an actor like you, you can't just tell me to kiss you all of a sudden and expect me to just do it the way you want it!"