Chapter 14

It had been a week since the last time they had talked to each other. Luke could feel himself going crazy, he couldn't stop thinking about her, he could still taste her on his lips and every time he closed his eyes he remembered the feeling of her hands and her skin.

"Luke!" Ashton snapped his fingers in front of his face, "Jesus dude! Snap out of it!"

"Sorry" Luke sighed. They were all sitting with their management talking about the MTV Music Video Awards. They were all exited about being nominated for 'song of the summer', but Luke wasn't that exited about going.

"So...Luke" Helen glared at him for not paying attention. "The ceremony will be in 4 days and you guys have an appointment tomorrow at three to run sound check, understood?"

All the boys nodded and got up from their chairs, Luke was looking forward to spending the rest of the day moping around about Alaska and wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible; however Helen crushed his hopes when she called his name as he was about to leave.

"Luke, can I talk to you alone for a second?" she asked and he turned around to find her with her arms crossed and a stern look on her face.

"Yeah, what is it?" he sighed.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the fact that Alaska will be attending the award show with you guys." Helen said.

"What?" Luke's eyes widened, "she'll be there?"

"She will not only be there, she'll be your date." Helen said as if it were obvious, "you will enter the red carpet with the boys and she will meet you at the end of it. You two are supposed to look in love, make sure you hold her by the waist, kiss her cheek, the whole shebang."

"Yeah, ok...sure" Luke shrugged.

They were in for an eventful evening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had been in sound check for 30 minutes now when they decided to take a break while the workers fixed the lights.

"So Luke, have you heard from Alaska?" Calum blurted out, all heads turning to him. "What? Someone had to mention it sometime."

"No...I haven't." Luke said, looking down, "not since the whole...you know...kiss thing"

"Well, don't stress it man, she'll come around" Ashton patted him on the back.

"No...she probably hates me..." Luke sighed.

The boys stayed silent for a while, all jumping when Luke's phone started ringing.

"Shit..." Luke stared at the screen wide eyed.

"What?" Michael asked.

"It's her" Luke searched in his mates' faces some hint about what to do, but the all stared at him blankly at him until he gave up and answered the phone.

"Hello?" Luke answered hesitantly.

"Hey, it's me" Alaska said on the other line.

"I know..." Luke said quietly.

"Zoe told me about the award show" Alaska said, cutting right to the chase.

"Yeah..." Luke wasn't sure of what to say.

"Congrats on the nomination" she said.

"Thanks...Look Al, about last time-" Luke started to say, not really sure how to continue his sentence.

"Luke, it's fine, don't worry about it." She cut him off; Alaska knew that Luke felt bad about the kiss and she also knew that he wasn't that good of an actor to pretend that everything between them was normal on the red carpet, so she had to take the matter in her own hands.

"What?" Luke asked, confused.

"I said it's fine. Let's forget about it, alright?" She said.

"Yeah...it's forgotten..." Luke said, trying his best not to sound disappointed.

"Good, okay." Alaska said.

"So I guess I'll see you in there, then..."

"Yeah, I'll meet you there..." Alaska said.

"I'll be waiting for you at the end of the red carpet."

"Look for the girl with the white flower." Alaska said; Luke could almost feel her smirking on the other line.

"What?" he chuckled.

"Just go with it." Alaska said.

"Okay." Luke smiled, "See ya."

"See ya, Hemmings."

*Another filler, sorry! But the next chapter is the award show!! Hope you guys are liking it so far!