Chapter 40

Luke checked his phone again; he'd been there for one and a half hours now. He hid his face in his hands, suddenly hearing footsteps approaching him.

He raised his gaze to find Alaska standing in front of him with a confuse look on his face. This was one of the many things he loved about Alaska; the fact that, each time he saw her she looked more beautiful, if that was possible. She was wearing black skinny jeans, red heels and a sex pistols cut out tee.

"Luke?" She asked, her green eyes widened at the sight of the blonde boy sitting at her building's front steps.

"Hey." Luke smiled up at her softly. He looked tired and worn out, he had bags under his eyes and his messy hair was hidden by a grey beanie.

"Hi." She furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"How are you?" He asked her.

"Aren't you supposed to be in London?" Alaska asked hurriedly.

"Management gave us a few days before we have to finish the European leg of the tour." Luke said.

"Oh..." Alaska's eyes avoided Luke's. "And why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you..." Luke sighed. "Can we talk?"

Alaska raised an eyebrow at the tall boy who looked so small sitting before her.

Luke insisted, "Can we please go upstairs so we can talk?"

"I'm thinking about it." Alaska said, glaring at him.

"Al?" Luke's bright eyes bored into hers, she couldn't resist when he called her that.

"Fine." Alaska sighed, rolling her eyes at him. Luke quickly stood up and followed her up the steps and into her apartment building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, talk." Alaska told him the moment they walked into her apartment. She turned toward Luke and crossed her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'm sorry." Luke breathed out, shoving his hands down his pockets.

"You said that already." Alaska sighed.

"Well, clearly not enough," Luke threw his hands in the air, frustrated. "You're still mad."

"Can you blame me?" Alaska asked, raising her voice. "I opened up to you and you judged me!"

"I'm sorry, Al..." Luke said, looking down and shaking his head. "I didn't mean what I said."

"You have no idea how worthless you made me feel." Alaska said quietly.

"Al, please! I'm really am sorry," Luke pleaded, "I tried to talk it out with you, but you just left."

"I was angry!" Alaska tried to reason with him, looking very upset.

"I know Al, but you can't just leave!" Luke yelled, "We're in a relationship, you can't just take off whenever you feel like it!"

Alaska's green eyes widened at Luke. She wasn't used to fighting with him or seeing him get mad, so the fact that he was now yelling at her made her feel extremely upset.

"I know, it's just..." She didn't know what to say.

"I know you were mad, Alaska, but that's what relationships are about!" Luke told her. "That's what couples do, Al. They get mad at each other, they fight, they apologize and they make up! That's what's like to be in a relationship!"

When Luke finally stopped screaming he looked over at Alaska, who stared at him wide-eyed. Her green eyes looked sad and tired and he couldn't help to think about how much he'd missed them, even thought it had only been a couple of days.

"I know...I'm sorry for leaving." Alaska said, looking down.

"I'm sorry for yelling," Luke said, stepping closer to her, "I was just so fucking worried..."

Alaska nodded, staring at the floor. Luke sighed and rushed over to her, pulling Alaska into a tight hug. She was suddenly taken over by Luke's smell, she loved his smell, she had missed it a lot.

"I'm sorry." Luke mumbled into her hair, kissing Alaska on the top of her head. "I really am."

"I know. And I shouldn't have left." Alaska said quietly into Luke's chest. She hadn't expect him to feel this bad about the whole thing, most people wouldn't.

"I didn't meant what I said, I was just so mad about the kiss..." Luke trailed off. "I felt so bad after you left and-and I just feel awful, babe."

"It's okay, it's okay." Alaska assured him. She pulled away from Luke and took his hand in hers, leading him over to her room.

"It's not okay." Luke sighed, shaking his head. He sat down on her bed and pulled Alaska onto his lap, wrapping his arms securely around her waist – it had been only a few days, but he had missed being this close to her. "I'm sorry I hurt you, Al, I really didn't mean it –"

"I know, I should have stayed and talked to you...I'm not that good at relationship stuff and I guess I just got scared." Alaska said quietly. She realized that she shouldn't have just left without saying anything and that Luke was probably worried about her.

"I shouldn't have said those things..." Luke said, kissing Alaska softly on the lips. "I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that." Alaska laughed against Luke's lips, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I fucking love you." Luke whispered, quickly pressing his lips to Alaska's again, like maybe he hadn't meant to say that out loud.

Alaska pulled away from him and cupped his face in her hands, making him look directly in her eyes. Luke's eyes shifted nervously around the room, he was about to say sorry – knowing how Alaska felt about love, but she cut him off by kissing him again. Alaska kissed Luke all over his face, on his lips and his cheeks and his forehead and his nose and then she moved down to his neck. Luke laughed as he moved the hem of Alaska's shirt up a little, his hand warm against her skin.

Alaska pulled away and smiled at him – that Mona Lisa smile she had that Luke didn't quite understood what it meant. She stared at him for a while; processing whether she should say something back. She had always been great at avoiding saying 'I love you' back, but for some reason it was harder with Luke. Fortunately, Luke only smiled back, falling back onto the bed and bringing Alaska down on top of him. She placed a leg on either side of Luke's body and ran her hands up his chest.

Alaska smiled wide; she leaned down and kissed him again, having no intentions of stopping any time soon.