Chapter 18

Alaska walked into Zoe's office building; she and Luke had a meeting with management and she was actually excited to see him. The day they spent together in her apartment was the most fun she had had in a long time, they didn't do anything special, they just talked and watched movies all day, and it was all that she needed.

"Alaska, good. You're here. Sit down, please." Zoe said the minute she walked into the door. Alaska was late as always, and Luke and his manager Helen were already there.

"Good morning to you too, Zoe." Alaska said sarcastically, sitting down next to Luke and whispering to him, "what's this about?"

"Don't know." He whispered back.

"Okay, Alaska and Luke, here's the thing. Luke and his band will go on tour in a few weeks." Helen said. "And we would like you, Alaska, to join them."

"It is your decision Alaska," Zoe said, "and since we know that you were a little undecided since the beginning, we want you to at least give this a chance. Luke and the boys will be playing a few shows in Australia, so we were thinking you could go with them so that this could be some kind of test drive before the real thing."

"And it will be a chance for Alaska to meet your family." Helen said, "to show the fans that you are on the 'meeting the parents stage' already."

"What about Alaska's parent's?" Luke asked.

"Alaska's parents are dead." Zoe said coldly.

"Smooth as always, Zoe." Alaska joked.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Luke said quietly, he had no idea Alaska's parents were dead.

"Don't worry about it." Alaska said.

"So, what do you say?" Helen asked.

"Yeah...Sure, why not." Alaska shrugged.

"Great! I'll book your flight and you'll spend 5 days on Luke's family home and when you come back we'll talk about the tour." Zoe said.

"Okay...can we go now?" Alaska asked.

"Yes, you can go." Zoe rolled her eyes. "But keep your phones close so we can stay in touch while you two are there."

Alaska and Luke left Zoe's office. "Do you think this is going to work?" Alaska asked the moment they were off the door. "You know...me meeting your parents and stuff?"

"Of course, why wouldn't?" Luke asked.

"I don't know...I'm not really a 'meet-the-parents' type of girl..."

"Relax, you're going to do fine. They'll love you." Luke smiled.

"I hope so..."

*Filler! Are you guys liking it so far?