December 2011 - On the Edge

Chapter 11

December 2010 - On the Edge

It was that time of year, Christmas. I would normally be excited; I loved this time of year. It was beautiful in England. It was still weird that it snowed. Back in Australia, it would be minimum 35 degrees, if not more. The holidays would always remind me of my family. When I moved over here, we had organised to do every second year together, so I could have some with my British family as they say.

This whole thing with Ryan was getting so out of hand. He just keeps snapping at me, as if I have committed a terrible crime. I didn’t think that I was a criminal, not yet anyways.

We could be talking fine in one moment but then the next he could be yelling and storming off with Sophie. Something odd was totally going on. He could be fine with me and then loose it. Like the other day, I was going through my Christmas decorations that my mum had sent over, we were happily looking at them, I say one joke, as we all know I’m a sarcastic bitch and always make jokes, it’s my thing. Ryan used to laugh and have a joke and we would both laugh about it but lately, he has gotten so angry with me. It’s like I can’t be myself around him anymore.

I really hope that he is okay because I would hate for Christmas to be wrecked and then News Years because this time last year, we had so much fun. Besides, we should all be celebrating our 1 year. It has been a whole year since Soph and I moved in and met everyone.

We have been through a lot. Let’s see I told Ryan of my feelings for him, Chris had a crush on Sophie for a bit, Sophie and Drew broke up, and Jake and Katy got together than broke up (secretly happy because I disliked her, a lot). Wow, not a lot happened. I guess my school stuff took up the majority of the year. I was still studying, and I got a job, which was cool. Tom and I work together at a bookstore. Now it’s Christmas and time went by so quickly.

I wish Ryan would relax a little bit. I mean, right now, we are all sitting here wrapping gifts for our families and he looks so grumpy. What is there left for him to get upset over. I have never met anyone who can destroy my mood so quickly or someone who was constantly in a terrible mood. It’s been the same for the last few months. Maybe when New Year’s comes around, he’ll be happier. It being a New Year and all.