April 2013 Continued

Chapter 27

April 2013 Continued 

“And one thing led to another and…”

“That’s it?”

“What part of no speaking did you not understand?”

“All of it. What happened?”

“Seriously Amelia?”

“Seriously what? What happened?”

“Well when one drunken friend is so drunk that they have more than friendly feelings for another drunken friend they….”

I had to interrupt, “OKAY! I get it. Thanks. No need to explain any further”

“That’s what I thought”

Sophie was right, this story definitely made me upset, “You slept with Ryan. Even though you knew how I felt about him?”

“Um, a little bit yeah. I didn’t mean to the first time though. Drew and I had been broken up for a bit and Ryan was stressed about you…it kinda just happened”

I understood that, oddly enough but then I realised what she had said, “What do you mean ‘the first time’?”

“Oh, I was hoping you wouldn’t pick up on that. Well, we both agreed that what happened was a mistake and it wouldn’t happen again but then you and him started fighting more and I was the only one who I knew what was going on so he came to me to talk. Then it just sorta kept happening until it became a thing for a bit. Nothing major”

I felt my dinner and all the alcohol, coming up, I was going to be sick, “How long did you to see each other, like that?”

“It went on for about a month or so”

Great. Sophie and Ryan had a secret relationship when I liked him and she didn’t tell me. He supposably liked me too but didn’t want to act on it so he slept with my best friend. I’m not sure what part of this makes me more mad. Sophie obviously could see the anger boiling up within me, “Hey, Mel. It didn’t mean anything. It wasn’t a real relationship. He didn’t feel anything for me, not emotionally or mentally. Just chill”

“You seriously just told me to ‘chill’ after telling me all of that?”

“Stop talking. You aren’t allowed to anymore. Please don’t hurt me”

I did as I was told and didn’t speak. I felt as though I was being suffocated, I had to get out of there. I got up and went out into the living room. I needed sometime to just think over the new information that I was given. I wasn’t sure of how I should react to all of it. I felt mad because Sophie didn’t tell me and neither did Ryan. At the same time, I was glad that I wasn’t told sooner. If I was told at the time, what they were doing, I don’t think I would be this calm about it. I know I wasn’t exactly open to the idea of the two of them together like that but I wasn’t going to light her on fire and watch her die a slow, horrible death.

As I sat on the couch, letting my body sink lower into it, I heard Tom crawl out of his sleeping bag and sit next to me, “Have you slept yet?”

I shook my head. I didn’t feel tired considering that I have been awake for almost twenty four straight hours. Right now, I could go for another drink…or seven. Chris walked over to me, holding a glass out. I look up at him, “This for me?”

“Yeah, you look like you need one”

That was an understatement. I basically drank the glass down in one swing. Tom woke Will up and got Soph and Ryan out into the living room. He obviously wanted us all up and at it. I should have known what he wanted as soon as he started waking everyone up, it was Tom after all. It wasn’t til he moved all the furniture that I figured out what he was doing. I have come to dread this time. Truth or Dare time.  No matter how much I hated it, I still played the game. Not the smartest thing that I’ve ever chosen to do, but hey.