July 2012 - New Roomie

Chapter 15

July 2012 - New Roomie

It had been a busy year so far. A lot has happened in these past few months. I mean, besides from Chris and I were still dating and doing great, so great in fact that he was moving in with me. I’ll get back to that. Other things that have happened, Sophie and Jake tried to secretly date but she can’t get anything past me. They went through their first fight last month and broke up for a few days but got back together. They are the kind of couple that is gross and constantly touching each other.

Tom got himself a girlfriend. They were adorable. The bookstore where Tom and I work, threw a birthday party for me and Tom met this party planner, Clare who is stunning. She has this golden brown hair that shines and a pair of bright, sparkly blue eyes, that match Tom’s beautifully. Well, they hit it off and have been happy ever since, a few dates and such. Clare gets along nicely with the group; she has slowly become one of us.

Actually, William has a new girl too. It’s a recent thing, they’ve only been seeing each other for the past three or so weeks but they seem happy. Alex her name is and I think she works at some pizza place while she studies to become a lawyer. Surprisingly playful, Alex is not what I thought a lawyer would be like. She’s not serious. Her bleach blonde hair was short and spiked; she had a punk-rock look to her. She always wore leather no matter what the occasion was, which was perfect because William didn’t leave the house without his leather jacket.

My studies were going good too. I’ve got just under six months until I’m finished, which is exciting. I now officially know how to be a writer. As much as I would love to have an awesome and successful career, I really love working at the bookstore with Tom. It was fun and I have come to love all the people there.

Ooh right, Chris was moving in today. To begin with, we were just going to get a place of our own but Sophie said she was cool with it. She was rarely at home now, unless she and Jake have a fight and she is on the couch with her strawberry milk, chocolate chip cookies and her Disney films. She was definitely the only person I have ever met who can watch The Lion King repeatedly without getting sick of it. I didn’t mind and neither did Chris, he would just sit next to her and try to steal her cookies. Sophie made the weirdest noises; it was like this hissing-growl. She was an unusual person.

So there I stood, in my bedroom, watching more and more boxes and Chris’ things flood in. It reminded me of the first day Soph and I moved in. That was over a year ago and it still feels like yesterday sometimes. Chris walked in, distracting me from my thoughts, “I think that’s it” He smiled sweetly and sat next to me on my bed, “What’s up Mel? You seem distracted”

“Yeah, I guess I’m just a bit tired. Now we have to unpack all of this…” I gestured to the boxes piled up against the wall, blocking the entrance to my wardrobe, “…we should really finish up”

“We really should…“ Chris looked around the room, “…or we could just leave it for later”

I chuckled to myself, “That sounds good to”.

The rest of the day consisted of Chris and I watching horror movies and eating all the popcorn. We didn’t move from the couch unless it was to pee, to get more popcorn or to change the movie.