Part 9

9.

I run up the stairs of my house after school and giving Normani a ride home seeing forward to drown into my book again. My stomach grumbles, I sigh..I have to eat before all that and take a shower...maybe do my homework..I don't want to forget all that again and have to copy from Mani's tomorrow. I'm not like that even though she would help me out.

It's past nine after I finished all my duties and I'm tired. I haven't caught much sleep last night. I choose between reading one or two pages or heading off to sleep. I can't decide.

My body decides is what I find out as I wake up the next morning...facing yet another day of school. I feel bad for not reading last night and take the book with me. I don't care that it's really heavy...I have the feeling that I'll need it today.

I meet Mani in front of the school like we usually do as a paper ball hits my head again and falls into the grass beside me as we sit under the big oak tree. I pick it up, carefully so that Mani won't notice,I open it as it says and read:

Meet us behind the gym.Now or it was the last time Normani had the guts to speak up

I don't have to think hard to know who wrote it and sigh. It's time to lie again.

"Mani,I forgot something in my car...I'll get it as fast as I can. Don't bother and wait for me,ok?", I hiss out and head off to the parking lot before she can argue about it.

I pretend to walk to my car and take a sharp turn to the left side and feel how my palms get sweaty as I think about what is waiting for me.

"Jauregui,there you are", I hear a voice behind and the last three of them standing in front of me as I reach the gym. I yelp as he slams me down to the ground and takes my bag that I've been holding in front of my body...to defend myself? No, rather to hide..

"Hmm..what do we have here?", I hear him say as he unzips my bag

"Fairytales?!Really?!", he spits at me disgusted by the book he found in it. I gulp, he's angry. It's never good when he's angry I think and wipe my face off of his spit.

"Jauregui,I don't know if you're dumb or really as poor as I think you are..what haven't you got about 'hold your little best friend down?'We don't want to draw attention to ourselves, got that?"

I nod quickly and almost sigh as he walks away..and then it's his two last words that get me feared "Get her!"

I scream and push around as the three grab me and lift me up. I try and bite the girls arm. She screams out and slaps me across the face.Hard. I feel the tears in my eyes. My mom always said that I should never show them that they hurt me. I hold onto that phrase before they push me into the big garbage container and close it. "Have fun Jauregui!"

I let my tears fall as soon as the darkness of this container swallows me in - the smell nearly makes me vomit. Why does they have to be so mean?! I ask myself before I start to get out of this thing. It's pretty high, I have to climb up and fall to the ground. I wince in pain as I hold my shoulder and try to wipe my clothes. Nice, I look like shit and don't have spare clothes with me. I have to go home to change. I spot my bag a few feet away from me..open...they took my book.